Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, Bk 9) by Douglas…

Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, Bk 9) (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child, Lincoln Child

Member:catmeyoo
Title:Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, Bk 9)
Authors:Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child
Other authors:Lincoln Child
Info:Vision (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 592 pages
Tags:thriller, Agent Pendergast series, detective and mystery stories, New York City, cults, voodoo

Cemetery Dance by Douglas Preston (2009)

English (62)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All (68)
Cemetery Dance by Preston and Child was a terrific read. This is my second Prendergast book and is once again filled with interesting characters and a plot that stands as something you would expect out of a paranormal or horror rather than a crime thriller. These quirks make Preston and Child's books offbeat and enjoyable. ( )
  TysonAdams | Jun 20, 2017 |
another entertaining book in the Pendergast series. Cults, zombies, and animal rights activists obscure the real crime. ( )
  majkia | Apr 4, 2017 |
niet goed, niet slecht. blijft voor mij in de categorie "Aardig".

Al vanaf het begin bekroop mij het gevoel van 'dit boek wordt niets', maar toch heb ik me er door heen geworsteld. Nu, ik het uit heb, vraag ik me nog steeds af waar het nu over ging.

Sorry, ik geef het maar 2 sterren, 1 voor de moeite en eentje omdat ik zo aardig ben ;) ( )
  EdwinKort | Mar 23, 2017 |
A fun installment of the authors Pendergast chronicles. The story moves along swiftly and builds to a pulse-pounding climax. The only drawback is that the tension is ratcheted so high the denouement seems rushed and abbreviated. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
CEMETERY DANCE by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child is the 9th in the Pendergast series. The story jumps right in with a murder of a favorite Preston & Child character, William Smithback Jr. Many of the past Pendergast series favorites are back and while I think a new reader to the series can pick who they are by the quick descriptions and backgrounds Preston & Child provide, as a fan of this series, I enjoyed seeing old friends and knowing their history. The story follows the murder case and the pacing is a slow build the exciting finale. One of my favorite things that Preston & Child do is write about New York. Sometimes its a landmark or palce we know, sometime they introduce to little known parts of the city, like in this book, we get to know the Inwood neighborhood more than most people.
I enjoyed Cemetery Dance and would recommend to thriller readers and especially to Preston & Child fans. ( )
  EHoward29 | Nov 8, 2016 |
I am starting to get to the 'enough is enough' point with the Pendergast novels. This is book nine in the series and it was too over-the-top.

Generally, I am pretty open to just about anything, including the un-dead (aka. Zombies) but this book just had too much of everything. The story was about 100 pages too long, had WAY too much detail in areas that didn't require it, areas that weren't important to the overall outcome of the story and it didn't have enough details in the areas that, I felt, deserved it. Also, I felt like the story was too jumpy... just when I was getting into a particular character/part of the story, it would flip to a different part and I would have to get into THAT part again. Ugg... sometimes that can be annoying!

However, for all the negative, there were some good parts... I really did enjoy the climax scenes in the book. The fight/the rescue, all great!! It became a page turner as the book neared the end and as a result, I will be adding book 10 to my 'to-be-read' list.

Overall, if you have read the books in this series, you will probably want to pick this one up as well but if you haven't, your life will go on without adding this one to your bookshelf!

Douglas Prestonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Autio, AnttiTranslatormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lincoln Child dedicates this book to his daughter, Veronica

Douglas Preston dedicates this book to Karen Copeland
Can you believe it, Bill?

Pendergast-the world's most enigmatic FBI Special Agent-returns to New York City to investigate a murderous cult.

William Smithback, a New York Times reporter, and his wife Nora Kelly, a Museum of Natural History archaeologist, are brutally attacked in their apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Eyewitnesses claim, and the security camera confirms, that the assailant was their strange, sinister neighbor-a man who, by all reports, was already dead and buried weeks earlier. While Captain Laura Hayward leads the official investigation, Pendergast and Lieutenant Vincent D'Agosta undertake their own private-and decidedly unorthodox-quest for the truth. Their serpentine journey takes them to an enclave of Manhattan they never imagined could exist: a secretive, reclusive cult of Obeah and vodou which no outsiders have ever survived.

After New York Times reporter William Smithback and his wife Nora Kelly, a Museum of Natural History archaeologist, are brutally attacked in their apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Pendergast--the world's most enigmatic FBI Special Agent--returns to New York City to investigate a murderous Obeah cult.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,174,709 books! | Top bar: Always visible