Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, Bk 9) by Douglas…

Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, Bk 9) (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child, Lincoln Child

Member:catmeyoo
Title:Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, Bk 9)
Authors:Douglas Preston, and Lincoln Child
Other authors:Lincoln Child
Info:Vision (2010), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 592 pages
Tags:thriller, Agent Pendergast series, detective and mystery stories, New York City, cults, voodoo

Cemetery Dance by Douglas Preston (2009)

English (48)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  All languages (54)
My love for this series does not fade. This is the tale of an eccentric cult in upper Manhattan suspected of creating zombiis (this is how the book tells us is the correct spelling of the word). And a central character of the series is an unfortunate casualty--the journalist Bill Smithback is killed by one of these zombiis.

Although the loss of one of the essential characters is a great one, the fast pace of the book sets it up nicely.

Can't wait to read the next! ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
A very quick read. By the end of the book - I was ready for it to end. This doesn't mean that it would not be enjoyable for others. I liked it but will not buy another book by the authors. ( )
  JanicsEblen | Jun 10, 2014 |
Entertaining fluff - not the best writing, but if you just want some mindless fun it's ok. ( )
  debbie.menzel | Feb 6, 2014 |
Can't stand the reader's (Rene Auberjonois) voice. Too nasally and whiny for me. Story was okay. ( )
  Storeetllr | Jan 5, 2014 |
Excellent story telling! If you like supernatural tales, with zombies and curses Revenant is for you. It is the sequel to Paskagankee, (which is also the name of the small town in Maine where this all takes place). Both stories are about murder in a small Maine town. The supernatural continues to create mayhem with the inhabitants, as forces are visited from the outside. The town’s people are for the most part, secluded from the usual perils of crime, the biggest danger is probably the drunkenness that is often seen in small desolate communities which struggle to survive. This far away, secluded corner of the world, is desired by those who want a place to hide away – thus the real tragedies begin when the outsiders bring with them supernatural elements. I don’t want to spoil the story, because this is a great one you should read. It is - Imaginative, well-paced and good character development. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Nov 7, 2013 |
I am starting to get to the 'enough is enough' point with the Pendergast novels. This is book nine in the series and it was too over-the-top.

Generally, I am pretty open to just about anything, including the un-dead (aka. Zombies) but this book just had too much of everything. The story was about 100 pages too long, had WAY too much detail in areas that didn't require it, areas that weren't important to the overall outcome of the story and it didn't have enough details in the areas that, I felt, deserved it. Also, I felt like the story was too jumpy... just when I was getting into a particular character/part of the story, it would flip to a different part and I would have to get into THAT part again. Ugg... sometimes that can be annoying!

However, for all the negative, there were some good parts... I really did enjoy the climax scenes in the book. The fight/the rescue, all great!! It became a page turner as the book neared the end and as a result, I will be adding book 10 to my 'to-be-read' list.

Overall, if you have read the books in this series, you will probably want to pick this one up as well but if you haven't, your life will go on without adding this one to your bookshelf!

Douglas Prestonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Child, Lincolnmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lincoln Child dedicates this book to his daughter, Veronica

Douglas Preston dedicates this book to Karen Copeland
Can you believe it, Bill?

Pendergast-the world's most enigmatic FBI Special Agent-returns to New York City to investigate a murderous cult.

William Smithback, a New York Times reporter, and his wife Nora Kelly, a Museum of Natural History archaeologist, are brutally attacked in their apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side. Eyewitnesses claim, and the security camera confirms, that the assailant was their strange, sinister neighbor-a man who, by all reports, was already dead and buried weeks earlier. While Captain Laura Hayward leads the official investigation, Pendergast and Lieutenant Vincent D'Agosta undertake their own private-and decidedly unorthodox-quest for the truth. Their serpentine journey takes them to an enclave of Manhattan they never imagined could exist: a secretive, reclusive cult of Obeah and vodou which no outsiders have ever survived.

After New York Times reporter William Smithback and his wife Nora Kelly, a Museum of Natural History archaeologist, are brutally attacked in their apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side, Pendergast--the world's most enigmatic FBI Special Agent--returns to New York City to investigate a murderous Obeah cult.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,669,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible