Wrapped in Rain: A Novel of Coming Home by…

Wrapped in Rain: A Novel of Coming Home

by Charles Martin

This book was written by an author that I really enjoy reading. The story was well thought out and I enjoyed most of the characters, even the "ghost." In this story the good wins over the evil and in some places in the story the author lays the goodness on thick. The book was full of human emotions. I will seek out this author again in the future. ( )
  BrendaKlaassen | Nov 2, 2015 |
"One of the Best I have read! He will blow you away with his characters with raw feelings and emotion! If you are from the south, you will enjoy!" I have read all his books - he never disappoints! ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Two half-brothers, both internally scarred by their father's neglect and abuse, find solace under the tender care of their colored housekeeper. She was a praying woman, and constantly told the boys that life is battle not to be fought with fists, but with one's heart and being on one's knees. In their adult years, the boys each battled with their own demons, struggling and running from painful memories. Their housekeeper cum nanny passed on years before, but continues to live on in their memories, often 'quipping' in guidance and/or admonishment -- very much like Jiminy Cricket's role as one's conscience. This is a story of laying down one's burdens, of forgiveness, of endings, and of new beginnings. ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
I love Miss Ella Rain and all of the other characters in this book. Charles Martin has a way of developing characters that makes them part of your life (if you let them). I love the descriptions of the places in this book, my favorite being the quarry lake with the boat at the bottom. I've read it twice and it was so much more memorable the second time! If you've ever lost someone but can still feel their presence, this is a great book! ( )
  ebv | Aug 6, 2013 |
I loved this book, and can't wait to read more by the author. ( )
  KellyReeder | Jun 14, 2012 |
FOR MY MOM Even now...a lady on her knees.
When the ache woke me, I poked the tip of my nose out from under the covers and pulled me knees hard into my chest where my heart hung pounding like a war drum.

"Tucker, I want to tell you a secret,"

Miss Ella curled my hand into a fist and showed it to me.

"Life is a battle, but you can't fight it with your fists. You got to fight it with your heart."

An internationallly famous photographer, he has traveled the world and seen both the serious and the strange. But when his brother escapes from a mental hospital and an old girlfriend appears with her son and a black eye, Tucker is forced to return home and face the agony of his own tragic past.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:50 -0400)

Tucker has an eye for tragedy and pain. A celebrated, internationally famous photographer, he has traveled the world and seen both the serious and the strange. But when his brother escapes from a mental hospital and an old girlfriend appears with her son and a black eye. Tucker is forced to return home and face the agony of his own tragic past. Back in rural Alabama, Tucker comes to terms with the ghosts he left behind. Miss Ella Rain once loved Tuck and his brother like they were her very own. Hiring her to take care of Waverly Hall and to keep them out of sight was the only good thing their father ever did. And though Miss Ella has been gone for many years, Tuck can still hear her voice. Wrapped in Rain is the moving story of one man's battle into the past where he discovers that love can reach even beyond the grave to heal and redeem.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,626,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible