The chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the…

The chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the unbeliever (original 1977; edition 1993)

by Stephen R. Donaldson

Member:tcarter
Title:The chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the unbeliever
Authors:Stephen R. Donaldson
Info:London : Fontana, 1993
Tags:Covenant, fantasy, trilogy

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant) by Stephen Donaldson (1977)

Recently added bypcollins, scodenton, ssimon2000, Oakfairy, O_Hozomeen, Marie_Powell, private library, CommunalLib

I first read these books in high school. I read them many times; the strength and intensity of the story blew me away. I was reading Lord Foul's Bane the first time it occurred to me that I wanted to write fantasy. Took me a while to come round to that, but the memory is still vivid. ( )
  ftmckinstry | Apr 22, 2014 |
It turgidly goes on and on. ( )
  LamontCranston | Dec 6, 2013 |
When this trilogy came out, I was a young adult sharing an apartment with my brother. He and I went to our separate jobs (thank goodness, he worked nights, I worked days) and read. Got to the end of the first book, took deep breaths, thanked whoever responsible that the three came out together, and started on the next.

We've read a lot of the same books (more then than now) and never have come as close to fighting over who got possession for the time it took to get another cup of coffee.

They are powerful, disturbing, and wonderful. ( )
  cek2read | May 9, 2013 |
Donaldson's first Thomas Covenant trilogy is quite creative, but has one of the most annoying heroes in fantastical literature. ( )
  wanack | Jul 3, 2010 |
A classic fantasy trilogy ( )
  chicjohn | Dec 4, 2009 |
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever is Stephen Donaldson's first trilogy, originally published in 1977 as three separate titles: Lord Foul's Bane, The Illearth War, and The Power That Preserves. There are distinct LT works for each of these titles individually; please do not combine individual titles with this LT work for the three-volume trilogy. Thank you.

The acclaimed fantasy epic, together in one volume.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:33 -0400)

Ten years after the death of Thomas Covenant, his one-time companion, Linden Avery, returns home to discover her child building images of the Land with blocks and is once again summoned to take part in an epic battle against evil.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,652,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible