101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview…

101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions (original 1996; edition 2009)

by Ron Fry (Author)

No matter how good you look, how much research you've done, or how perfectly your qualifications match the job description, if you're not prepared with great answers to the toughest interview questions, you won't get the job. 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions is a manual that will help you home in on exactly what the interviewer is trying to learn - with each and every question he or she asks. If you've never done well on interviews, never even been on a job interview, or just want to make sure a lousy interview doesn't cost you a job you really want, Ron Fry will help you get that job--as he has helped literally millions of people nationwide and throughout the world. This brand-new 25th Anniversary Edition of 101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions is thoroughly updated to reflect the realities of today's job market. Whatever your age and experience, whether you are seeking your very first job or finally breaking into the executive office, this is the one book you need to get that job.… (more)
Member:seanrowden
Title:101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions
Authors:Ron Fry (Author)
Info:Course Technology (2009), Edition: 6th, 182 pages
Tags:unread

101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions by Ron Fry (1996)

Solid book as ever (I've read at least one earlier edition), though I wish some of the explanations and sample answers went into more depth. The author also usually provides a few examples of variations on a question (e.g. "What's the last book you read?" is, in essence, the same question--or at least, looking to reveal the same kind of info-- as "what's the last movie you saw?"), but there were a few instances where I thought some of the variations differed enough to have warranted some explanation on their own.

Major drawback for my current situation: everything presumes you're a stranger to the entity you're interviewing with, and also that you're in a purely corporate environment. Now, the general aspects of any given interview is more or less the same, and the technical, profession-specific nitty-gritty is beyond what any one author could ever cover. BUT it does make a difference for some answers if your interviewer is actually already your current boss, and you've already been working with that particular employer. ( )
  elam11 | May 30, 2020 |
I knew basically what he would say. But I found the book helpful ( )
  nx74defiant | Jul 17, 2016 |
I had this book as a required text for a professional development class in graduate school. Working part-time in a bookstore for a while, I thumbed through several similar books--but in my opinion this was the most useful. ( )
1 vote drbottlecapper | Aug 19, 2009 |
Interesting and creative questions and answers. Excellent suggestions that cover every area of the interview. My daughter used this book to spark her creative side, just before a crucial interview for a major (read: humongous!) scholarship. She got it, too. ( )
  MerryMary | May 5, 2008 |
To my daughter Lindsay, who has more questions than one father could ever answer. Hopefully, by the time she grows up, she'll find her own answers to all of them.
Introduction: I still break out in a cold sweat remembering it.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,613,397 books! | Top bar: Always visible