The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership:…

The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow… (original 1999; edition 2007)

by John C. Maxwell

Member:Shane_Britton
Title:The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You
Authors:John C. Maxwell
Info:Thomas Nelson (2007), Edition: 10 Rev Upd, Hardcover, 336 pages

The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You by John C. Maxwell (1999)

English (23)  Dutch (1)  All languages (24)
This is an awesome book about Leadership. I learnt a lot from the author, I had no clue about Leadership until I volunteered for a non-profit. Every organization needs leaders, leadership is simply influencing people, more of being a servant from what I learnt.
Leadership is not dictatorship, it is being with people.
I think history can teach us a lot. Take Gandhi, he was a great leader.

But the greatest of all leaders is Jesus, He was the epitome of leadership, he gave his own life for the Gospel. He was not self-seeking, he said, "he came to serve and not to judge." (this is not in the book)

gottfried_leibniz | Apr 5, 2018 |
Leadership is not dictatorship, it is being with people.
I think history can teach us a lot. Take Gandhi, he was a great leader.

gottfried_leibniz | Apr 5, 2018 |
Reviewed on The Light Network
  coldwaterchurch | Oct 3, 2017 |
It is an explanation of the laws more than a description of how to obtain them in one's life. While the audience is certainly not limited to believers, I was surprised at how little Maxwell, a former pastor, talked about the importance of faith or God in the life of leaders. It is as though leadership, in and of itself, is worth pursuing.

That said, the book did outline several areas in life that one needs to think about if one wants to lead others. Some seemed to be more of a by-product of others instead of something one could develop. For example, momentum comes from decisions one makes, actions one performs at the right place in the right time, and I'm not sure it is an independent entity.
  memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |

memlhd | Jan 23, 2016 |

ichuanjcks,zmhcnxcbx

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0785274316, Hardcover)

John C. Maxwell offers lively stories about the foibles and successes of Lee Iacocca, Abraham Lincoln, Princess Diana, and Elizabeth Dole in The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. Readers can expect a well-crafted discussion that emphasizes the core attitudes and visions of leadership. Maxwell uses the same tell-it-like-it-is approach that he honed in the bestselling Developing the Leader Within You. For instance, when explaining "The Law of Influence," Maxwell states that "job titles don't have much value when it comes to leading. True leadership cannot be awarded, appointed or assigned. It comes only from influence and that can't be mandated." Even after Princess Diana was stripped of her title, Maxwell says she was still able to lead a global effort toward banning land mines because of her sophisticated ability to influence others.

If readers are looking for a step-by-step formula, Maxwell's list of "laws" will probably seem too chatty and anecdote driven. There are no specific tips on what readers can do during the next workday to help them become stronger leaders. On the other hand, Maxwell's background as a pastor gives him an inspirational voice and a spiritual context to leadership that many business and church leaders appreciate. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:01 -0400)

John Maxwell reveals the leadership insights he has learned during the thirty-plus years of leadership successes he has had in business, politics, sports, religion, and military conflict.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,537,309 books! | Top bar: Always visible