Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking…

Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn (edition 2009)

by Stephenie Meyer (Author)

Member:jojoasdwer123
Title:Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn
Authors:Stephenie Meyer (Author)
Info:Little, Brown (2009)

Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (alesi1)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (RyitGrrl)
    RyitGrrl: Similarities between the romance aspect and the subtle shift of the vampire myth to allow for literary licence.
    Misc. Dean Koontz Books by Dean Koontz (monicasmith2020)
    monicasmith2020: Both great love stories.
    Earth Angel by E. Van Lowe (keeneam)
    The Sonnets by William Shakespeare (LCoale1)
    LCoale1: The emotions of Edward, Bella, and Jacob seem to come straight from these sonnets and, surprisingly, really helped me to understand Shakespeare's emotions and messages. Although the writing styles are about as different as can be, the themes are nearly identical - I swear I found paraphrases of lines of Shakespeare used as thoughts and dialogue in Breaking Dawn, specifically.… (more)

English (107)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (110)
Great book! Loved all of the Twilight Saga.
  hazel1123 | Feb 10, 2019 |
I've enjoyed the Twilight series very much. They're great. ( )
  perksofbeingpeculiar | Jan 17, 2019 |
THIS IS FOR ALL THE FRIENDS WHO FORGOT HOW AWESOME THESE BOOKS ARE AND THE MOVIE - Look at the videos to remember

Do NOT LICK YOUR SCREENS NOT ALLOWED LEAVE MARKS :D (only kidding you my lick just remember to clean afterwards :D

Firstly if you do not like Sparkling VAMPIRES – DO NOT READ the rest of MY REVIEW! But if you want to I do not mind, but proceed at your own risk!
Now do not throw stones at me! Who would not love a man that turn into a giant diamond in sunshine, well I am a girl and I LOVE DIAMONDS, or anything that sparkles *just saying*!

I HAVE The WHOLE Twilight Saga Collection *Hardcover* all wrapped up in a special wooden glass casing box my Hubby made for me as a b-day present a couple of years ago – WHY – because I could not stop whining, and because I loved the books that much! So this books are like my babies!

I also loved the following vampire movies: →
Interview with a Vampire – Who does not love Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise (OK before Tom acted like a mad man on the Oprah show, that was such a huge disaster in his career)

Dracula untold I am totally absolutely insanely in love with man below – in the movie Dracula untold – if you did not watch the movie → it I am telling you - you are missing out BIG time! ;-)

Enough chit chat – LET ME START MY REVIEW:→
Twilight
Twilight - When You're Gone

Meyer creates a new world of myths, dismissing all the old legends and creating her new vision of this strange and foreboding creatures.
We meet Bella when she decides to live with her dad in Forks, a city where it rains every day and even a peak of sunshine is like the apocalypse. Bella is very fascinated by the guy with the topaz eyes Edward Cullen, but he seems to hate’s her

Edward is a vampire. But not the typical Dracula, coffins and blood vampire (Interview with a vampire or Dracula untold, NOPE). This new genre of vampires is something you have never heard about. They crave blood, true, but not in the sense we think. They hunt animals in order to live at peace with humans, and going out into the sun isn't a problem. Except for the whole glowing with radiant beauty thing. **My diamond Vampires**

Bella and Edward soon become friends, the *lion and the lamb*, the *beauty and the beast* they had it. Edward has never been so happy therefore, Bella is precious and the story progresses.

Then the first threat happens a vampire who tracks humans for snacks cached wind of Bella and her new protective family “the Cullens”, Edward and his family of six vampires, all very unique and deep, start a crazy plan in an attempt to save Bella and kill the tracker, the hunt is launched, unfortunately this hunt scares Edward and when you read book 2 you realize the impact of this hunt!
Edward snarling and dropping into his feral position--sigh, what a man! YUM!!!!

This book should come out with a general's warning, you will stay up all night. So read Twilight with extreme caution, it is addictive!
♪ Twilight - Bring me to Life

New Moon
Love The Way You Lie

In New Moon we miss the vampires the most of the story. Bella spends time with her friend Jacob, an Indian becoming a werewolf, who hates all "bloodsuckers", regardless of whether or not the bloodsuckers took human lives, they create this special bond that is very important factors for book 3 and 4, so even if you are angry at Edward at this point you need to read this to understand the bond between Bella and Jacob..

Bella becomes seriously withdrawn from the world after Edward’s departure and considering their strange and magical relationship, which is expected, she did not just lose a lover but also an friend and her protector I think any human will become depressed!
I do miss Edward's presence-he was such a strong character in Twilight, but Jake is such a nice character as well (But damn it broke my heart and I was so angry at Edward)

When Edward lies to Bella, we know that he is lying, and we know that there will be resolution! I did enjoy the unique take on werewolves.

Questions - is her friendship with Jacob any safer for her than her relationship with Edward? Or is Jacob hiding a dangerous secret of his own?
There is a delightful, suspenseful, thrilling twist at the end of the book, and this is a must read!

Eclipse
Bella & Edward-Stay with me

Twilight introduced us to Bella Swan and the mysterious Cullen's a family of vampires. New Moon pulled Bella and Edward Cullen apart, and tested their love and introduced us to Jacob and the battle between wolves and vampires. It also left us hanging with a decision about Bella and immortality: when?

Eclipse is different. We return to the town of Forks and find that nothing much has changed. Graduation is closer than ever (after which, the Cullen's have agreed to make Bella a vampire) and a serial killer is loose in Seattle. Bella cannot see Jacob, her best friend because he is a Werewolf, and due to her ties to the vampires, it would break treaties and bonds made between them.

As the days go by, and graduation gets closer and closer, Bella must choose her fate. She wants to become immortal and be with Edward, but she must give up her family to do so. She is also worried about the change: will she be able to be "vegetarian" like the Cullen Family, and refrain from human blood? Or will her new blood lust cause her to kill innocent people?

Breaking Dawn
A thousand years - Christina Perri

I LOVED Breaking Dawn. I still love Bella, Edward, Jacob, and the rest of the Cullen Clan. I have even fallen for baby Renesmee. I am glad that Bella was allowed to become a mother even when it wasn't something that she wanted. I think there was an important message that the book DID get across...with Bella marrying Edward...with her having the baby... that sometimes, things that we don't know or think we want can be the most wonderful and powerful and most happily ever after moments in our lives.

The Valkyrie did not like that there was a half human vampire baby – so there was a battle of wills between the Valkyrie and the Cullens, someone had to win someone had to lose – Read this series to find out who the lucky winners was?

I am going to miss these books and these characters. May they live forever on library shelfs and in the minds of their truly devoted fans? All I can say is I was hooked! I devoured every page! I enjoyed Twilight, I liked New Moon, I loved Eclipse, and now I am completely infatuated with Breaking Dawn. Each one got better and better.

Thank you for reading my long review! ( )
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
They are a light Vampire romance, good for a beginner in the Vampire genre, if you don't want to start at the beginning with very dated Carmilla {which is excellent BTW}.

A good intro, then though you would want to move on to much better stories. ( )
  LGandT | Feb 5, 2018 |
Ok, before I even begin to review this, let's be real here. People are completely crazy over the series, be it crazy in love, or crazy hate. But after watching the first movie that came out, I bought the first book. Necrophilia and beastality aside, I actually thought the first book was not bad. Plus I'm sure all girls dream of having an almost illegally handsome boy fall for you, the nerd/nobody.

So I bought the entire collection.

And then I found myself actually TRYING to finish all 4 books. I would read, then get a bit bored, so I'd close it. After a few days/weeks of not touching it, I would make myself open it to continue reading, and I can say that I was actually glad when I finished it. I liked the first book, but sadly, my interest increasingly faded as I read books 2-4. ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
I'd never given much thought to how I would die- though I'd had reason enough in the last few months- but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
ISBN 0316015849 is associated with the single book "Twilight".

This stunning set, complete with all four hardcover books as well as four collectible prints, makes the perfect gift for fans of the bestselling vampire love story.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn capture the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:32 -0400)

When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,476,253 books! | Top bar: Always visible