The Twilight Saga Collection by Stephenie…

The Twilight Saga Collection (edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

Member:AddictedToMorphemes
Title:The Twilight Saga Collection
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 2560 pages
Collections:Your library, Read & Own
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Read, Read in 2010, Own, Children's & YA

Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (TomWaitsTables)
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (alesi1)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (RyitGrrl)
    RyitGrrl: Similarities between the romance aspect and the subtle shift of the vampire myth to allow for literary licence.
    Misc. Dean Koontz Books by Dean Koontz (monicasmith2020)
    monicasmith2020: Both great love stories.
    Earth Angel by E. Van Lowe (keeneam)
    The Sonnets by William Shakespeare (LCoale1)
    LCoale1: The emotions of Edward, Bella, and Jacob seem to come straight from these sonnets and, surprisingly, really helped me to understand Shakespeare's emotions and messages. Although the writing styles are about as different as can be, the themes are nearly identical - I swear I found paraphrases of lines of Shakespeare used as thoughts and dialogue in Breaking Dawn, specifically.… (more)

English (105)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  English (108)
Ok, before I even begin to review this, let's be real here. People are completely crazy over the series, be it crazy in love, or crazy hate. But after watching the first movie that came out, I bought the first book. Necrophilia and beastality aside, I actually thought the first book was not bad. Plus I'm sure all girls dream of having an almost illegally handsome boy fall for you, the nerd/nobody.

So I bought the entire collection.

And then I found myself actually TRYING to finish all 4 books. I would read, then get a bit bored, so I'd close it. After a few days/weeks of not touching it, I would make myself open it to continue reading, and I can say that I was actually glad when I finished it. I liked the first book, but sadly, my interest increasingly faded as I read books 2-4. ( )
  KrystleLow | Oct 27, 2016 |
By far one of the best collection of books I've read. I know most people do not care for the series, but I absolutely loved it. ( )
  trishaleigh69420 | Jul 29, 2016 |
The first book delivered storyline, but the characters were almost caricatures, with no even grounding. Edward is too idolised by Bella, who is the ever-ready damsel in distress, finally having found her true love, only to be kidnapped by another, evil monster. The writing was a bit weak, but it certainly had potential.

The second and third books were simply fillers - only the climax of the second book is somewhat exciting, though it is good to see the Bella's character grow beyond the needy and Edward-obsessed girl she is in the first book; her relationship with Jacob is almost mature in nature. Of course, the moment Edward comes back, all that meticulous hard work of character-building goes out the window, and she reverts to Bella 1.0

The last book is arguably a page-turner, but fails to deliver on a lot of things, including the first time Edward and Bella were intimate (he broke the bed; that's how good it was /sarcasm), and her transformation into a vampire.

Overall, it's a good starting novel for teens who don't really read a lot, but certainly not a notable work of fantasy. Twilight is a fad, not a classic. ( )
  meowism | May 17, 2016 |
I read these books about a year before they became a fast selling
, movie pumping sensation. I absotely loved them as a long standing vampire fan. If I had read them after all the hype, I doubt I would have enjoyed them as much. ( )
  CherryBlossom.76 | Feb 21, 2016 |
This series is awesome! I think that Eclipse (book 3) is my favorite. ( )
  KylieM_PirateQueen | Jan 16, 2016 |
I'd never given much thought to how I would die- though I'd had reason enough in the last few months- but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
ISBN 0316015849 is associated with the single book "Twilight".

This stunning set, complete with all four hardcover books as well as four collectible prints, makes the perfect gift for fans of the bestselling vampire love story.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn capture the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:32 -0400)

When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.

550 wanted6 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,682,803 books! | Top bar: Always visible