The Twilight Saga Collection by Stephenie…

The Twilight Saga Collection (edition 2008)

by Stephenie Meyer

Member:AddictedToMorphemes
Title:The Twilight Saga Collection
Authors:Stephenie Meyer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2008), Edition: 1St Edition, Hardcover, 2560 pages
Collections:Your library, Read & Own
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Read, Read in 2010, Own, Children's & YA

Twilight / New Moon / Eclipse / Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (alesi1)
    Team Human by Sarah Rees Brennan (one-horse.library)
    Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (RyitGrrl)
    RyitGrrl: Similarities between the romance aspect and the subtle shift of the vampire myth to allow for literary licence.
    A New Beginning (Between Heaven & Hell) by Arielle Irvine (IrvineA)
    IrvineA: It deals with Vampires and Wolves, just as A New Beginning does.
    Earth Angel by E. Van Lowe (keeneam)
    Misc. Dean Koontz Books by Dean Koontz (monicasmith2020)
    monicasmith2020: Both great love stories.
    The Sonnets by William Shakespeare (LCoale1)
    LCoale1: The emotions of Edward, Bella, and Jacob seem to come straight from these sonnets and, surprisingly, really helped me to understand Shakespeare's emotions and messages. Although the writing styles are about as different as can be, the themes are nearly identical - I swear I found paraphrases of lines of Shakespeare used as thoughts and dialogue in Breaking Dawn, specifically.… (more)

English (97)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (100)
I have to admit that I love this series. Initially I had my reservations because this isn't the type of book/series I enjoy. But a friend insisted I at least watch the first movie. I did and have now read all the books and have seen all the movies! Being a little older, it took me a while to get past Bella being so naïve, but as my friend reminded me, I was a teenager once myself and did some silly things that probably made my parents wonder about me. The whole story of vampires and werewolves secretly living among us and the feud they had in the past and how Bella came to love Edward and spark the feud I found captivating. I also enjoyed the differences in the characters. Sometimes with a large cast there can be some crossover, but Meyer did a good job of keeping them distinct. And how could anyone not love Alice? What a doll she is. I found Jasper intriguing too, especially in the first episode when he was so fighting the urge taste human blood. Just a fun series to read and watch. ( )
  Leena_Duncan | Jul 30, 2014 |
The characters feel so real, and as for the fantasy...it feels it could actually happen! ( )
  silkpanda123 | May 20, 2014 |
I know how this looks like because why would a person read all the four books if they didn't like it. Well unfortunately i liked this series a lot when i first read it, what does one expect most 14 year olds to like( NO,I WAS 16, lying through my teeth again). Over time i just read better things and realised how Twilight did not go with thee things i believed in and reading these hilarious reviews by Mark Oshiro removed whatever liking i had left for the series( they can be read here- http://markreads.net/reviews/2010/11/complete-mark-reads-twilight-archive/ ). How i wish i had been among those who had hated it the first time they started it...if wishes were horses. ( )
  AyeshaF | Dec 9, 2013 |
I loved this series, but I didn't like how Bella was so weak and always needed someone to save her. In the last book you saw how strong she was, but I wish she was portrayed as strong from the beginning. ( )
1 vote CelenaM511 | Dec 4, 2013 |
Really, it's just an easy read. Great gateway book to get people (especially young teens) to read more. ( )
  ecuddy | Dec 3, 2013 |
I'd never given much thought to how I would die- though I'd had reason enough in the last few months- but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
ISBN 0316015849 is associated with the single book "Twilight".

This stunning set, complete with all four hardcover books as well as four collectible prints, makes the perfect gift for fans of the bestselling vampire love story.

Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn capture the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:54 -0400)

When seventeen-year-old Bella leaves Phoenix to live with her father in Forks, Washington, she meets an exquisitely handsome boy at school for whom she feels an overwhelming attraction and who she comes to realize is not wholly human.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,891,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible