Loop by Koji Suzuki

Loop (1998)

by Koji Suzuki

Series: Ring (3)

Meh. Forse avrei dovuto leggere anche i primi due romanzi della trilogia, per apprezzare questo libro.
Le premesse erano molto interessanti (il virus, il mondo virtuale/reale, un personaggio accattivante), però, il finale mi è sembrato molto affrettato e mi ha lasciata del tutto insoddisfatta, nonostante, appunto, il resto del libro mi sia piaciuto abbastanza. ( )
  Manua | Apr 10, 2014 |
I didn't have as much tenacity as the others that have started and finished this book. Gave the book more than 100 pages to get better, got somehere half way "the Cancer Ward", but for me it just didn't get better.

I liked the first part, where Kaoru is little, debating with his father, so I thought well of the book at first. Too bad I didn't find it interesting enough, didn't find the pace like I did with the first two books and it hasn't persuaded me enough to keep reading and get to know the twist & turn and tidying up of loose ends the others are talking about.

Anyway I'm grateful that the whole trilogy was shared, I'm glad they came along :-) and made me read an author I hadn't read before.
  BoekenTrol71 | Apr 5, 2013 |
I absolutely loved this. Best of the three I think, it was a fantastically well-paced and interesting read. And what a mind-blowing conclusion! Very satisfying, and I’m much looking forward to reading Birthday. ( )
  adrateia | Mar 16, 2012 |
I rate this as my favorite of the Ring cycle -- apparently absurdity leads to horror for me? Because this book is truly absurd, and yet I loved it. ( )
  bluedream | Apr 13, 2009 |
Let it be said that Loop is not a horror tale. In fact it is more sci-fi than any other genre. It follows the search for a cure to a new form of cancer and is linked to the previous Ring novel, Spiral. The characterisation is well presented and the science, although heavy at times, is usually represented in a form so all readers can follow the plot. The lack of menace or indeed action of any sort may leave readers disappointed with Loop, yet the story is smart in it's approach, and its plot is rooted in the previous volumes, although taken in a new direction. Overall Loop is an interesting idea but never turns in to a real page-turner. ( )
  SonicQuack | Jan 15, 2009 |
Information from the Japanese Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 193223425X, Paperback)

Learn the final truth about the Ring!

Loop is written as a stand-alone work though it is best enjoyed by fans of Ring and Spiral. The author's own favorite of the trilogy, this astounding finale is an emotionally resonant tale that scales conceptual heights from an angle all its own. Fiction about fiction has rarely been so gripping.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:46 -0400)

In this much-awaited conclusion of the Ring trilogy, everything you thought you knew about the story will have to be put side. In Loop, the killer mimics both AIDS and cancer in a deadly new guise. Kaoru Futami, a youth mature beyond his years, must hope to find answers in the deserts of New Mexico and the Loop project, a virtual matrix created by scientists. The fate of more than just his loved ones depends on Kaoru's success.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible