PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from…

PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives

by Frank Warren

Series: PostSecrets

I love PostSecret. I think everyone should read these, so we could all see just how normal we are. ( )
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
this was an okay book. i read the entire thing while sitting in the barnes and noble while doing some community service for the honor society. ( )
  alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |
  alwelker | Jan 25, 2016 |
Excellent ! ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Frank Warren got the idea to have people design their own postcards with a secret they have never told anyone on it. This book collects 500 of the postcards he recieved. It's really hard for me to rate a book like this. Some parts were touching, others silly and a few just plain gross. I hope writing these postcards helped the people with the worst secrets. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
I have so many secrets...I don't know which one to send in.

The project that captured a nation's imagination.

The instructions were simple, but the results were extraordinary.

"You are invited to anonymously contribute a secret to a group art project. Your secret can be a regret, fear, betrayal, desire, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything -- as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before. Be brief. Be legible. Be creative."

It all began with an idea Frank Warren had for a community art project. He began handing out postcards to strangers and leaving them in public places -- asking people to write down a secret they had never told anyone and mail it to him, anonymously.

The response was overwhelming. The secrets were both provocative and profound, and the cards themselves were works of art -- carefully and creatively constructed by hand. Addictively compelling, the cards reveal our deepest fears, desires, regrets, and obsessions. Frank calls them "graphic haiku," beautiful, elegant, and small in structure but powerfully emotional.

As Frank began posting the cards on his website, PostSecret took on a life of its own, becoming much more than a simple art project. It has grown into a global phenomenon, exposing our individual aspirations, fantasies, and frailties -- our common humanity.

Every day dozens of postcards still make their way to Frank, with postmarks from around the world, touching on every aspect of human experience. This extraordinary collection brings together the most powerful, personal, and beautifully intimate secrets Frank Warren has received -- and brilliantly illuminates that human emotions can be unique and universal at the same time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:37 -0400)

Frank Warren had an idea for a community art project: he began handing out postcards to strangers and leaving them in public places--asking people to write down a secret they had never told anyone and mail it to him, anonymously. The response was overwhelming. The secrets were both provocative and profound, and the cards themselves were works of art--carefully and creatively constructed by hand. Addictively compelling, the cards reveal our deepest fears, desires, regrets, and obsessions. Frank calls them "graphic haiku," beautiful, elegant, and small in structure but powerfully emotional. As Frank began posting the cards on his website, PostSecret took on a life of its own, becoming much more than a simple art project. It has grown into a global phenomenon, exposing our individual aspirations, fantasies, and frailties--our common humanity. This collection brings together the most powerful, personal, and intimate secrets he has received.--From publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,135,502 books! | Top bar: Always visible