PostSecret : extraordinary confessions from…

PostSecret : extraordinary confessions from ordinary lives (edition 2005)

by Frank Warren

Series: PostSecrets

Member:dwbwriter
Title:PostSecret : extraordinary confessions from ordinary lives
Authors:Frank Warren
Info:New York, N.Y. : ReganBooks, c2005.

PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives by Frank Warren

I am an intensely private person who has devoted much of my adult life to letting go of the fears, the guilt, the insecurities and the "secretiveness" that defined the first thirty of my sixty-two years on the Planet. I'm not easily shocked, or surprised, by any aspect of the human condition. That having been said, I was pleased to find that the raw, naked and often painful introspection found on the (amazing!) pages of this book left me with a sense of understanding, insight and hmmmm, camaraderie? The smiles, chuckles and acquiescing :nods: were there as well. All-in-all, I found Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives to be . . extraordinary!

[b:PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives|87640|PostSecret Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives|Frank Warren|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1171104579s/87640.jpg|84604] ( )
  idajo | May 8, 2016 |
this was an okay book. i read the entire thing while sitting in the barnes and noble while doing some community service for the honor society. ( )
  welkeral | Mar 20, 2016 |
I don't really know what to make of this book. Some of the secrets are funny, some a little distributing and some really sad.
But it does give an insight to some of the biggest secrets we keep from those around us.

Frank Warrenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fisher, Anne C.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ljoenes, RichardDesignersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I have so many secrets...I don't know which one to send in.

The project that captured a nation's imagination.

The instructions were simple, but the results were extraordinary.

"You are invited to anonymously contribute a secret to a group art project. Your secret can be a regret, fear, betrayal, desire, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything -- as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before. Be brief. Be legible. Be creative."

It all began with an idea Frank Warren had for a community art project. He began handing out postcards to strangers and leaving them in public places -- asking people to write down a secret they had never told anyone and mail it to him, anonymously.

The response was overwhelming. The secrets were both provocative and profound, and the cards themselves were works of art -- carefully and creatively constructed by hand. Addictively compelling, the cards reveal our deepest fears, desires, regrets, and obsessions. Frank calls them "graphic haiku," beautiful, elegant, and small in structure but powerfully emotional.

As Frank began posting the cards on his website, PostSecret took on a life of its own, becoming much more than a simple art project. It has grown into a global phenomenon, exposing our individual aspirations, fantasies, and frailties -- our common humanity.

Every day dozens of postcards still make their way to Frank, with postmarks from around the world, touching on every aspect of human experience. This extraordinary collection brings together the most powerful, personal, and beautifully intimate secrets Frank Warren has received -- and brilliantly illuminates that human emotions can be unique and universal at the same time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:37 -0400)

Frank Warren had an idea for a community art project: he began handing out postcards to strangers and leaving them in public places--asking people to write down a secret they had never told anyone and mail it to him, anonymously. The response was overwhelming. The secrets were both provocative and profound, and the cards themselves were works of art--carefully and creatively constructed by hand. Addictively compelling, the cards reveal our deepest fears, desires, regrets, and obsessions. Frank calls them "graphic haiku," beautiful, elegant, and small in structure but powerfully emotional. As Frank began posting the cards on his website, PostSecret took on a life of its own, becoming much more than a simple art project. It has grown into a global phenomenon, exposing our individual aspirations, fantasies, and frailties--our common humanity. This collection brings together the most powerful, personal, and intimate secrets he has received.--From publisher description.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,387,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible