Demon Can't Help It by Kathy Love

I liked it! "Demon Can't Help It" by Kathy Love was funny. The heroine irked me a bit by being wishy-washy and wimpy at times, but the hero...my, my, my. I want a Maksim of my own.

Jo doesn't believe in the paranormal. Pretty inconvenient now that she's seeing ghosts! Or maybe she's just going wacko? Either way, something's wrong and Jo's move to New Orleans to be near her friends doesn't seem to be helping. Now she's involved (and how the heck did THAT happen) with a smoking hot guy who seems to be perfect...and we all know there's no such thing.

Maksim is a demon. That's right: damned, delicious, and diabolical. He's ruler of the eight level of hell and darn proud of himself. He's selfish (HEY, he's a demon), he's sexy, and he can get any woman he wants, human or other. So why is he suddenly chasing (!) this human woman? And having these...these Feelings! But no matter how hard he tries, he just can't get her out of his head. What's a demon to do?

Funny and fun to read. Although you may want to smack Jo around a bit, Maksim makes the books worthwhile. All the Kathy Love books I've read so far are paranormal, sexy, and humorous--and that's a hard mix to do well! If you've read her previous New Orleans BRAVA imprint books, you'll get to read about some old friends which was just icing for me. Love has some of the funniest banter out there and her heroes are always yummy. That's enough for me! ( )
  jjmachshev | May 2, 2009 |
"Are you sure you feel up to this?"

The selfish sensual demon Maksim falls for the one woman who can resist him, and their erotic couplings result in complications. The suspense of the subplot concerning Jo's dead sister comes to naught, and Maksim's search for his sister is too easily concluded.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,368,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible