Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

Grave Sight

by Charlaine Harris

Series: Harper Connelly Mysteries (1)

English (103)  Italian (1)  All languages (104)
Im in love with her books since I read this - I like sookie stackhouse - but I love harper more. Because she has more shit to deal with I think :) ( )
  JazMinderr | Jul 31, 2014 |
This was very different from her Stackhouse novels but the humour and flow of it was the same.
I like Harper's character because despite her great gift of being able to see how people died and find their bodies, she has a lot of weaknesses that come with it. It makes her down to earth and approachable.
The story was good and interesting and the secrets that slowly unravel throughout the book keep you guessing. I didn't work the whole thing out but i did guess the secret around the baby. -You'll know when you read it-.
It was good and I plan on reading the next one but for some reason it didn't leave me fully satisfied. Something about it was missing. I hope I find whatever it was in the next book.
  IceMaiden786 | May 31, 2014 |
Okay, now I've officially read the Harper Connelly series as it exists. I'm looking forward to future books. ( )
  daatwood | Nov 21, 2013 |
I liked the limited nature of Harper's gift, and her attitude that her gift is how she makes a living, and why shouldn't she get paid for doing something that helps people. After all everyone else expects to be paid for doing their jobs, even those in the so-called 'caring professions'. I thought that the claustrophobic atmosphere of Sarne came across really well, with the close ties of family and employment between everyone involved in the case. Harper made an interesting comment towards the end of the book, when she realised to her surprise that everyone she came across who wasn't linked to the case seemed perfectly professional and friendly, so maybe she had not been seeing the real Sarne after all.

Harper wasn't a very good investigator, and I rolled my eyed when she shook a book to see if anything fell out, rather than checking to see if there was a bookmark in a particular page, but I suppose that's realistic since she normally leaves town as soon as she has found a dead body or confirmed the cause of death, so she isn't used to investigating murders.

On the other hand, the reason for the murder of the teenagers and the identity of the murderer was a bit too easy to work out, and I really disliked the unhealthily co-dependant relationship between Harper and her step-brother Tolliver. Also, I listened to this as an audio book, and if I had been reading a paper book I would probably have skipped some of Harper's repetitive musigns on her deprived childhood, ( )
  isabelx | Nov 12, 2013 |
Not bad! Grave sight is an urban fantasy, but lacks the elements that I've come to associate with urbans: sexy heroine who kicks ass, breakneck pace, many fantastical elements. That's all to the good as far as I am concerned: I find current-day traditional urbans tiresome. Grave sight is almost more a detective. I found the continuous mention of everyone having a problem with Harper wanting to get paid annoying, and the eventual story around the killer a bit shallow. It didn't seem enough for the numerous murders that were committed. But other than that, it was a good read. ( )
  zjakkelien | Oct 16, 2013 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hollenbach,DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The sheriff didn't want me there.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425212890, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:40 -0400)

Harper Connelly has what you might call a strange job: she finds dead people. She can sense the final location of a person who's passed, and share their very last moment. The way Harper sees it, she's providing a service to the dead while bringing some closure to the living - but she's used to most people treating her like a blood-sucking leech. Traveling with her step-brother Tolliver as manager and sometime-bodyguard, she's become an expert at getting in, getting paid, and getting out fast. Because for the living it's always urgent - even if the dead can wait forever.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,793,306 books! | Top bar: Always visible