Improper English by Katie MacAlister

Improper English

by Katie MacAlister

Katie MacAlister's The Corset Diaries was great, so I decided to give this one a try. I am so disappointed. It was simply awful, and I really hate to say that. The main character was a complete bimbo, so I could not understand why the nice detective would even give her the time of day. Ok, maybe she's got a hot bod and he's horny or something. Not enough for me. Not even close to enough.

I kept this book in my car to read during my heinous commute and it was so atrocious, I decided I'd rather stare at the car in front of me than to read even one more page.

I hate giving negative reviews, but this one... this one deserves it. Sigh. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
(No, I didn't like this book.) Although, it was a quick and easy read, I felt that it was bery unapropriate. Q4P4 AHS/Kathleen R
  edspicer | Mar 27, 2012 |
Didn't finish it. The heroine is so flippin' stupid and klutzy, it stopped being cute around chapter six and I just couldn't stand any more. ( )
  mbosvyle | Aug 29, 2009 |
This book is a light comical yet saucy romance. Off the bat, I love the British flair to the novel. The characters Alex and Alix are combatively attracted and repeling to one another, this is what keeps the novel interesting. The complications in the lives of the characters surrounded by noisy quirky neighbors balances the steamy bits that create a well rounded romantic comedy. MacAlister once again has whitty female character that can draw in almost any reader.
1 vote loni073 | Jul 2, 2009 |
This book ranges from mildly entertaining to giggle-out-loud. Overall, though, it rates only an 'okay' because the story is unmemorable. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Mar 10, 2009 |
Lady Rowena gasped in horror at the sight of Lord Raoul's majestic purple-helmeted warrior of love.

American versus Englishman -- will it be a war of wits, or a battle to find their hearts? Alix hasn't had much luck in her life, but a trip to London, a matchmaking landlady, and the handsome Scotland Yard detective living above her indicate her luck is about to change. Has she truly found her perfect man, or will the disasters that dog her steps destroy everything she's hoped for? Alexandra Freemar should be in heaven -- she's just been handed everything she's ever wanted on a silver plate: a three month stay in London, the time to write the book of her heart, and the chance to finally prove to her mother that she's not the miserable failure her past indicates. Free-spirited, unconventional, and able to find the absurd in almost any situation, Alix finds that heaven isn't what it's cracked up to be when fate, in the form of a matchmaking landlady who promises to fix her up with her perfect soul mate, hands her the devilishly handsome man who lives upstairs. Her perfect man? Hardly! Her perfect man is not a workaholic, straight-laced detective inspector from Scotland Yard who wouldn't recognize fun if it bit him on his (extremely attractive) behind. Alexander Black is a man with a mission, and no one is going to distract him from that, not even the uninhibited, carefree American who personifies everything he dislikes in a woman: she belittles his devotion to work, insists on dragging him into the most unlikely of situations, exudes sexuality that makes his mouth go dry whenever he's near her, and teases him with a brashness that's utterly foreign to him. But underneath that sassy mouth and devil-may-care exterior, he senses a wounded woman who's calling out to him, and try as he might, he just can't refuse answering.… (more)

Katie MacAlister is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,388,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible