Improper English by Katie MacAlister

Improper English

by Katie MacAlister

Katie MacAlister's The Corset Diaries was great, so I decided to give this one a try. I am so disappointed. It was simply awful, and I really hate to say that. The main character was a complete bimbo, so I could not understand why the nice detective would even give her the time of day. Ok, maybe she's got a hot bod and he's horny or something. Not enough for me. Not even close to enough.

I kept this book in my car to read during my heinous commute and it was so atrocious, I decided I'd rather stare at the car in front of me than to read even one more page.

I hate giving negative reviews, but this one... this one deserves it. Sigh. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
(No, I didn't like this book.) Although, it was a quick and easy read, I felt that it was bery unapropriate. Q4P4 AHS/Kathleen R
  edspicer | Mar 27, 2012 |
Didn't finish it. The heroine is so flippin' stupid and klutzy, it stopped being cute around chapter six and I just couldn't stand any more. ( )
  mbosvyle | Aug 29, 2009 |
This book is a light comical yet saucy romance. Off the bat, I love the British flair to the novel. The characters Alex and Alix are combatively attracted and repeling to one another, this is what keeps the novel interesting. The complications in the lives of the characters surrounded by noisy quirky neighbors balances the steamy bits that create a well rounded romantic comedy. MacAlister once again has whitty female character that can draw in almost any reader.
1 vote loni073 | Jul 2, 2009 |
This book ranges from mildly entertaining to giggle-out-loud. Overall, though, it rates only an 'okay' because the story is unmemorable. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Mar 10, 2009 |
Lady Rowena gasped in horror at the sight of Lord Raoul's majestic purple-helmeted warrior of love.

Katie MacAlister is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,244,829 books! | Top bar: Always visible