Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries)…

Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries) (original 2000; edition 2004)

by Charlaine Harris

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Shakespeare's Trollop (Lily Bard Mysteries)
Authors:Charlaine Harris
Info:Berkley Prime Crime (2004), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 194 pages
Tags:fiction, read, 2009, january, mystery, murder, vb, gr

Shakespeare's Trollop by Charlaine Harris (2000)

Fourth in the Lily Bard Mysteries. ( )
  boppisces | Jan 31, 2015 |
This was a decent read, typical of the series. This one was a little less satisfactory to me and I found the ending also somewhat unsatisfactory. I find that Lily is to me becoming too self involved and I get tired of hearing endlessly about her past. I know one could not get over such an incident, but constantly replaying it over and over to herself (and the reader) is counter-productive. Also, I thought it was obvious "who did it" about halfway through the book.
  MissJessie | Oct 16, 2013 |
Another good one, builds on the previous 3, so this is definitely a series to read in order. The mystery is a bit more convoluted, though. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Jun 19, 2013 |
I'm recommending the whole of the Lily Bard series to anyone who likes books with strong female characters. Lily has her problems, but she doesn't let them keep her from getting on with the job of solving crimes that come her way. ( )
  auntieknickers | Apr 3, 2013 |
An ok mystery. Not sure why Lily Bard was so involved--she didn't like the woman who was killed so her intense involvement just didn't make a lot of sense. Also, the emotional stuff with this character is just awkward. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
By the time I opened my eyes and yawned that morning, she had been sitting in the car in the woods for seven hours.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425196992, Mass Market Paperback)

Shakespeare, Arkansas, is home to endless back roads, historic buildings, colorful residents--and the occasional murder. It is also home to Lily Bard, the local karate expert/cleaning woman with a particular knack for finding skeletons in closets.

But when the local woman of ill repute is found murdered, being familiar with her dirty laundry could make Lily the next Shakespearean to die.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:47:55 -0400)

When the local woman of ill repute is found murdered, being familiar with her dirty laundry could make Lily Bard the next Shakespearean to die.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,154,309 books! | Top bar: Always visible