The Corset Diaries by Katie MacAlister

The Corset Diaries

by Katie MacAlister

Who Wants To Marry a Heartthrob? by Stephanie Doyle (Caramellunacy)
    Caramellunacy: On the set of a reality dating TV show, production assistant Bridget is suddenly thrust in the limelight (quite against her will) when one of the contestants can't make it. In a show full of backstabbing and people playing to the ubiquitous cameras, will her boss finally sit up and take notice? I loved the reality TV premise in both.… (more)

I borrowed this one from the library, but I'd love to own a copy of it. Very funny, I enjoyed it. Katie Mac has never let me down. ( )
  RobynBachar | Feb 27, 2014 |
I was expecting this book to be funny, and it certainly was. LOL funny in parts. I was surprised thought by how much I ended up liking Tessa & Max. For me, many times funny books have cartoonish or unlikeable characters that add to the humor but don't really engage you in the book. That wasn't the case here. Don't get me wrong, this isn't an emotionally wrenching read, it's light and funny. But it had more heart than I was expecting which made me enjoy it even more. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
I really wanted to like this because I love shows like Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs. I thought it would be a romance novel, but it was more of a slapstick comedy with a lot of silly love scenes thrown in just to fill space. And I got tired of the main character pretty quickly. ( )
  Dandelion_Cottage | Mar 30, 2013 |
Funny, funny, funny, laugh out-loud funny. This author is an expert in romantic comedy. I love her writing, lots of sex, but funny stuff. ( )
  cenneidigh | Jan 9, 2011 |
Starts out quite funny as only Katie MacAlister can be, but gets limp 3/4 the way through. ( )
  lassen57 | Oct 3, 2010 |
"Hello?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451411129, Mass Market Paperback)

No woman in her right mind would consent to wearing a corset for a month. Especially a "skinny-challenged" woman like Tessa. But dreams of being debt-free dance in her head at the offer of appearing in a reality TV show. "A Month in the Life of a Victorian Duke" is about real people pretending to live on an English estate, circa 1879. And Tessa's leading man-a real-life Duke-is so handsome she can barely breathe, with or without the corset...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:34 -0400)

"No woman in her right mind would consent to wearing a corset for a month. Especially a skinny-challenged woman like myself. But dreams of being debt-free danced in my head when I received the offer to appear on a reality TV show. A Month in the Life of a Victorian Duke is about real people -- like me -- pretending to live on an English estate, circa 1879. Sounds fun, no? Well, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Katie MacAlister is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,648,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible