Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele, Book 1) by…

Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele, Book 1) (edition 2005)

by Marjorie M. Liu

7822017,650 (3.69)22
Member:bikermice
Title:Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele, Book 1)
Authors:Marjorie M. Liu
Info:Love Spell (2005), Mass Market Paperback, 342 pages

Tiger Eye by Marjorie Liu

DNF
Too much for me.
  veredi | Mar 25, 2017 |
Was mostly underwhelmed by this first book in the series. The world-building felt very spotty in the beginning which made the pace seem slightly uneven. Not to mention one of my least favorite tropes is the H/H falling for each other instantly. Overall, liked the writing and I see why so many people like it. I want to try the next book to see if Tiger Eye was just suffering from first-book-in-a-series syndrome. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
This book was a fun read, full of action and heady amounts of devotion. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I have read a few things about this series and I started reading I think book number six a long time ago when I didn't even realize it was part of a series and I didn't finish it because I was so confused. Now I know why, lol. (Yes, I just LOL in my review) I really am glad I found this book at my PX and was able to grab it because I love this book. It is well written, strongly charactered, and it really made me think of the Psy-chageling series by Nalini Singh, which I adore.

Let's jump in shall we? I like Dela (love her name too), she is strong, she has weaknesses and strengths and she isn't afraid to be herself, these are all wonderful heroine characteristics. I heart Hari (hate his name) he is strong, masculine, and just hot. I think he was a bit too lenient on the trust after everything he has been through, but I don't know Dela as well as he does, so what do I know. I do also want to say that nothing scares Ms. Lui...the way she set up the plot and some of the disturbing things mentioned here and there....creepy, disturbing, and totally appropriate for the book. Some authors might have shied away.

I will continue to devour this series. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
3 1/2 ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
To Elfin Mudder, Genghis, and Daisy. Meow, with love.
Dela had mysterious dreams the night before she bought the riddle box.

Long ago they roamed the earth —dragons, tigers . . . shapeshifters — men who wore the forms of beasts. Their world was magic. Now it is gone.But some remain . . .

He looks out of place in Dela Reese’s Beijing hotel room—exotic and poignant, some mythic, tragic hero of an epic tale.With his feline yellow eyes, he’s like nothing from her world.Yet Dela has danced through the echo of his soul and knows this warrior will obey her every command.

Hari has been used and abused for millennia. But he sees,upon his release from the riddle box, that this new mistress is different. There is a hidden power in Dela’s eyes—and with her,he may regain all that was lost to him. Where once he savaged,now he must protect; where before he knew only hatred,now he must embrace love. Dela is the key.

For Dela, he will risk all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0505526263, Mass Market Paperback)

When a young psychic acquires a riddle box in Beijing, China, she learns she can free the shapeshifter imprisoned inside, and that he is the beginning of an adventure – and a love – of a lifetime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:50 -0400)

"He looks out of place in Dela Reese's Beijing hotel room--exotic and poignant, some mythic, tragic hero of an epic tale. With his feline yellow eyes, he's like nothing from her world. Yet Dela has danced through the echo of his soul and knows this warrior will obey her every command. Hari has been used and abused for millennia. But he sees, upon his release from the riddle box, that his new mistress is different. There is a hidden power in Dela's eyes--and with her, he may regain all that was lost to him. Where once he savaged, now he must protect; where before he knew only hatred, now he must embrace love. Dela is the key. For Dela, he will risk all."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,412,722 books! | Top bar: Always visible