The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (A Calvin…

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (A Calvin And Hobbes Treasury) (edition 1988)

by Bill Watterson

Member:empress8411
Title:The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (A Calvin And Hobbes Treasury)
Authors:Bill Watterson
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (1988), Edition: Original, Paperback, 256 pages
Tags:Humor/Games/Comics, Calvin and Hobbes

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

A very cute book about a boy and his stuffed tiger. Definitely a Laugh Out Loud book. ( )
  Elliepoole | Dec 4, 2013 |
Calvin and Hobbes is the greatest comic strip ever written. It remains timeless and puts us in touch with our childhood. I remember saving strips from the Sunday papers for years before I got my first collected book. In fact, I have the final strip still, saved in a protective plastic slip, and will probably frame it eventually. That's the impact Watterson had on me.

Spaceman Spiff, the product of an overactive imagination and always a sign that Calvin is a) in school and b) soon to be in trouble. Susie Derkins, the girl next door who comes to town and steals young Calvin's heart (not that you'd really know it except for how Hobbes reacts to her). Moe, the bully, a constant threat in Calvin's life. And if you can keep from tearing up during the "little raccoon" storyline, then congrats on having either no access to your emotions or no soul.

Funny, poignant, touching, thought-provoking, timeless. Everyone should have Calvin and Hobbes in their library. ( )
  regularguy5mb | Jul 11, 2013 |
So much fun, pure and simple. ( )
  BrynDahlquis | Nov 25, 2012 |
Fantastic!!! ( )
  DaveStJohn | Aug 8, 2012 |
A wonderful collection of some of the best of Calvin and Hobbes. I loved these comics and still do. The hilarious and hearwarming relationship between a boy and his stuffed tiger, these comics will leave readers laughing and smiling through the whole book. ( )
  katietwa08 | Dec 19, 2011 |

Bill Wattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Schulz, Charles M.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Tom
Another night deprived of slumber, Hours passing without number, My eyes trace 'round the room.

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes is an over-size anthology-type book including an original 16-page story and color Sunday cartoons.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:25:18 -0400)

The award-winning cartoonist details the further adventures of Calvin, a mischievous young boy with boundless energy and imagination, and his lovable stuffed tiger.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,698,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible