Black Lightning by John Saul

Black Lightning (1995)

by John Saul

Anne Jeffers, ace reporter, watches serial killer Richard Kraven, whom she helped convict, die in the electric chair. At almost the same time, thousands of miles away, Anne's husband suffers a massive heart attack. Dead for over two minutes, Glen Jeffers recovers, but his personality is just never the same. The gruesome murders attributed to Richard Kraven start all over again - four years after his incarceration. Who can be the killer? Is there an accomplice? Are these copy cat murders? Who can say?

John Saul's writing produces explicit graphics in the imaginations of all the followers of this horrific writing. I recommend "Black Lightning" to anyone who loves a fast page turner, but if you are offended by blood and guts and gore, you're in the wrong section of the library or book store. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I have the paperback version of this book, however I read the Ebook version from the library on my Nook for convenience sake. I thought it was fairly predictable, but I still enjoyed the book and found it exciting enough to hold my attention. ( )
  Barb_H | Mar 30, 2013 |
The premise itself was good. It was lacking in some of the hows. I had the book figured about half way through and kept hoping for the how which never came. I liked the book but its not the best by the author. ( )
  Spiceca | Sep 11, 2009 |
It had me guessing right up untill the final chapter. One of the best novels I ever read. I read this book over a year ago, read it a couple times since and still love it! Absolutly love it hands down. ( )
  tim6565 | Jan 11, 2009 |
I generally like serial killer, mystery cop type books, this was not a book that I enjoyed. I know that there has to be someone out there who might. I have used bookcrossing to release this book into the wild. It's number is BCID:998-6281718 ( )
  whisperingfen | Jul 5, 2008 |

For five years Seattle journalist Anne Jeffers has pursued the horrifying story of a sadistic serial killer's bloody reign, capture, trial, and appeal--crusadig to keep the wheels of justice churning toward the electric chair. Now the day of execution has come. A convicted killer will meet his end. Anne believes her long nighmare is over. But she's dead wrong...
Within days, a similar murder stuns the city. As the butcher stalks his next vicitims, creeping ever closer to her, Anne is seized by an icy unease, a haunting sense of connection to these unspeakable crimes. And, relentlessly, she hears the eerie echo of the dead man's last words to her: "Today won't end it. How will you feel, Anne? When I'm dead, and it all starts again, how will you feel?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0449225046, Mass Market Paperback)

"HIS MOST EFFECTIVE THRILLER TO DATE. . . [A] COMPELLING READ."
--The Seattle Times

For five years Seattle journalist Anne Jeffers has pursued the horrifying story of a sadistic serial killer's bloody reign, capture, trial, and appeal--crusading to keep the wheels of justice churning toward the electric chair. Now the day of execution has come. A convicted killer will meet his end. Anne believes her long nightmare is over. But she's dead wrong. . . .

"ELECTRIFYINGLY SCARY."
--San Jose Mercury News

Within days, a similar murder stuns the city. As the butcher stalks his next victims, creeping ever closer to her, Anne is seized by an icy unease, a haunting sense of connection to these unspeakable crimes. And, relentlessly, she hears the eerie echo of the dead man's last words to her: "Today won't end it. How will you feel, Anne? When I'm dead, and it all starts again, how will you feel?"

"ONE OF SAUL'S BEST."
--Publishers Weekly

A SELECTION OF THE LITERARY GUILD(c) AND DOUBLEDAY BOOK CLUB(c)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:51 -0400)

In Seattle, a serial killer is executed in the electric chair, watched by Ann Jeffers, the reporter who helped to convict him. At the instant the killer dies, Jeffers' husband suffers a heart attack at home, after which he is a completely different man. What is more, the killings continue.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,431,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible