Desecration: Antichrist Takes the Throne…

Desecration: Antichrist Takes the Throne (Left Behind No. 9) (edition 2002)

by Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins

Member:TammyPhillips
Title:Desecration: Antichrist Takes the Throne (Left Behind No. 9)
Authors:Tim LaHaye
Other authors:Jerry B. Jenkins
Info:Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (2002), Paperback, 432 pages

Desecration: Antichrist Takes the Throne (Left Behind No. 9) by Tim LaHaye

English (17)  All (1)  Dutch (1)  All (19)
Great! ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
Action heats up as the temple is desecrated... and extra drama in the tribulation force. But rapid and confusing scene-changes rather spoil what could have been a good novel, unrealistic slang talk is annoying, and the lack of character development after nine books in the series is appalling. I simply couldn't feel any emotion for any of the main characters. ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |
Same problem here as with their other "Left Behind" books - characters who are essentially identical to each other because they are all goody-two-shoes, refusal to actually research what the Bible says, white-washing the holes in the plot and so on, and bad guys who are annoyingly stupid. ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
I have read all the books in the "Left Behind" Series through this one, and I find myself dealing with the fact that this is probably the worst written of all the books so far.

I found it difficult at times to follow who was who, as characters were killed, new ones introduced, and I didn't have a clue as to where they came from. I hope the rest of the books go back to the way the first few books were written. More concise, and logical. I never did finish the rest of the series. I glanced at them at bookstores, and just didn't find them appealing anymore. ( )
  Sirsangel | Jan 17, 2015 |
I think I have read them all except for the first three prequels. ( )
  allygggggg | May 26, 2014 |

to David Allen
for expert technical consultation
PROLOGUE
From The Mark
"We can all keep our fingers crossed," Mac said. "I've seen those Quasis do amazing things based solely on what the flight management system onboard computer tells it to do. But this is a long flight on its own, and I've asked it to do some interesting stuff, barring turbulence."
This is the book. Please do not combine with the Experience in Sound and Drama audio version - an adaption of the book.
Some of the abridged audiobook ISBNs are 0842339698 and 0842332324.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0842332294, Paperback)

Amidst the glitzy fanfare of a new world regime, control is unraveling for self-proclaimed god and Global Community potentate Nicolae Carpathia in Desecration, the ninth installment in the Left Behind series. It's 25 days into the Great Tribulation, and the newly resurrected Carpathia evinces an increasing fondness for gruesome killing. He's thrown into turmoil when the first two "bowls of wrath" from the biblical book Revelation are poured out on the world. Water turns into blood, and those who are branded with the mark of loyalty become covered with loathsome sores. When Carpathia commits the ultimate act of desecration against the Judeo-Christian community, chaos ensues. Meanwhile, the Tribulation Force soldiers on, receiving visitations from heavenly messengers that prod the team to greater acts of courage. Jenkins's characters seem almost comic book-like in their actions; the author relies on pages of slangy, slapstick dialogue rather than character development or descriptive settings to flesh out his tales. It's the angst of wondering what disaster will occur next and the fascination with end times that keep loyal fans turning the pages. And there's no shortage of angst here. Chang Wong flirts with suicide. Hattie Durham risks her life in a confrontation with Carpathia. Tsion Ben-Judah inadvertently gives away a secret location. Chloe Williams uncovers a remnant of believers. There are touches of the standard Left Behind humor, and even some romance in the last days. As always, readers are left hanging at the edge of disaster, which should keep appetites whetted for the promised next installment. --Cindy Crosby

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:07 -0400)

The lines are drawn between good and evil as Nicolae Carpathia, no longer pretending to be a pacifist, makes his way to the temple and his followers clamor to receive the mark of the beast, while Rayford Steele rallies his team of flying rebels to save believers who must flee to the wilderness.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,309,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible