Don't Tell by Karen Rose

Don't Tell (original 2003; edition 2006)

by Karen Rose

Member:gwynramsey
Title:Don't Tell
Authors:Karen Rose
Info:Forever (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Rating:*****

Don't Tell by Karen Rose (2003)

Battle-scarred Mary Grace Winters lies nearly dead in a hospital room after the latest brutal beating at the hands of his sadistic cop husband. After a two year recovery (which she keeps husband Rob in the dark about), she and her son escape, fake their deaths, and start new lives away from her abusive husband, and the corrupt police force that looked the other way. This is an edge of your seat thriller. You can probably guess what will happen, but the development of the plot is so well drawn that it is not your average battered wife in jeopardy story. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Dont Tell Karen Rose
3 Star

When her abusive husband nearly kills her and threatens to finish the job Mary Grace Winters knows she must get herself and her son away from him, as he is local police man she can expect no help from the authorities she is on her own.

Mary Grace and Robbie disappear.

7 years later her abandoned car is found the police open an investigation into her disappearance this time with a view to getting enough evidence to convict her husband of murder.

Rob Winters meanwhile realises that his wife had managed to escape him and make a fool of him he is determined to find her and make her pay.

Its a raise against time as to who will find Mary Grace and Robbie first.

A tense thriller that is fast paced with lots of violence. ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
I'm struggling with my review here. So, I'll settle on 4 stars. Most of the book was perfect (5 stars) it was a great storyline, suspenseful and awesome. The last 20% seemed completely unrealistic and just bizarre at times. I found myself rolling my eyes and saying, "Yeah, right... like that would/could happen." The last portion of the book was a 3 star... possibly 2 star rating for me. This is the first time I've read this author, so I'd like to read some more. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
A good face paced romantic suspense that kept my attention throughout. It really makes you think about spousal abuse and the affect it has on all relationships involved. Caroline has taken a new identity after running from abusive husband and she is attracted to her new boss Max. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
To my husband, Martin, who has always loved me just the way that I am.
Asheville, North Carolina,
Nine years earlier

The sounds were soothing.

DON'T LOOK...

It was a desperate plan. But Mary Grace Winters knew the only way to save herself and her child from her abusive cop husband was to stage their own death. Now all that remains of their former life is at the bottom of a lake . . .

DON'T TRUST . . .

Armed with a new identity in a new town, she and her son have found refuge hundreds of miles away. As Caroline Stewart, she has almost forgotten the nightmare she left behind nine years ago. She is even taking a chance on love with Max Hunter, a man with wounds of his own. But her past is about to collide with the present when her husband uncovers her trail and threatens her hard-won peace. Step by step, he's closing in on her— and everything and everyone she loves.

It was a desperate plan. But Mary Grace Winters knew the only way to save herself and her child from her abusive cop husband was to stage their own death. Now all that remains of their former life is at the bottom of a lake... Armed with a new identity in a new town, she and her son have found refuge hundreds of miles away. As Caroline Stewart, she has almost forgotten the nightmare she left behind nine years ago. She is even taking a chance on love with Max Hunter, a man with wounds of his own. But her past is about to collide with the present when her husband uncovers her trail and threatens her hard-won peace. Step by step, he's closing in on her -- and everything and everyone she loves.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,766,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible