Lightning by Danielle Steel

Lightning (1995)

by Danielle Steel

Recently added byCarmenParks, private library, DrMcDougall, HsLbry6441BVDr, kybunnies

Lightening by Danielle Steel
Alex is a lawyer about to go to trial for several weeks if not months. She has her annual exams and it shows a lump in her breast which they talk her into having a biopsy.
She's now going under the knife and the only thing she wants is another child. Annabelle is the best girl ever and she dotes on her whenever she can.
She gives the doctor the go ahead to remove parts of her breast and/or lump nodes once he finds out about the mass that is in her body.
She is more upset that her husband hasn't been there for her through the different aspects of the disease.
Many from the support group stop by to visit with her and she does find Liz reassures her of her fears. They are able to talk about her husband and how he's reacting.
Sam's way of dealing with it is to get comfort from another woman in the office. Her support is the people at the office and the housekeeper..
Hot steamy passionate love scenes.
  jbarr5 | Oct 24, 2013 |
As a partner in a prestigious New York law firm, a doting mother to a rambunctious and beautiful three-year-old girl and a loving and supportive wife to a man who is a star venture capitalist, Alex Parker believed that she had it all. Sure the work was hard; the hours long - juggling a marriage, career and raising a child was exhausting. for Alex. Her life was difficult but rewarding until a routine mammogram shatters her stable little world.

Now, Alex and her formerly loving husband, Sam are struggling to keep their marriage together in the midst of a bombshell diagnosis of breast cancer and honestly, failing to pull together. Alex and Sam become strangers to each other virtually overnight. When Sam's successful career suddenly explodes in disaster and he is left questioning his very identity, Alex must decide whether her life - as well as their future as a couple - is worth saving.

I have to say that contrary to Mareena's belief that I don't like Danielle Steel at all; I do. I found this book very fast and easy reading with a relatively good plot. I will say that I give my first reading experience of it - a few years ago a definite A+! However, I found that - and I don't mean this in a bad way at all - the plot was rather "smaltzy" towards the end.

Sam and Alex is the quintessential New York power couple - "Ken and Barbie" type fantastic lives together, dream careers and an adorable little girl that they've wanted for years. "Happy, happy, joy, joy, until the world implodes!" :) Then it's a slow, torturous crawl back to greatness for both of them; somewhat like a soap opera plot, I thought.

Not that it was a bad storyline at all, it was just slightly over dramatic in my opinion. :) All in all, I enjoyed my second reading of Lightning very much and I would certainly recommend this and other books by Danielle Steel to other readers, however this is the final time I will be reading this book. I can now pass this book along to another person without any remorse. Overall, I give my second reading of Lightning an A! ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Feb 2, 2012 |
this is the 2nd book of danielle stell which i founded as boring and the story wasstretched a lot. ( )
  bushrarehman | Jun 15, 2010 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440221501, Mass Market Paperback)

With a fabulous career, wonderful husband, and adorable child, Alexandra Parker's life is perfect--until devastating news from a doctor turns her world upside down. Can the bonds of love and marriage withstand this unexpected bolt of lightning, or will Alexandra have to seek a completely new life?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:49 -0400)

A woman whose life is threatened by breast cancer must respond to a husband incapable of providing emotional support as his career collapses.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,391,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible