Linda Goodman's Sun Signs by Linda Goodman

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs (1968)

by Linda Goodman

Recently added byprivate library, Catsplus, DavenportLibraryWA, CorinasQuill
Legacy LibrariesTupac Shakur

English (9)  Dutch (1)  All languages (10)
That is kind of a nostalgic tip of the hat four stars there, because I appreciate Linda's Aries nature and the way she threw open the doors for a generation of astrologers and people in search of a bit more insight than just that newspaper column promising a tall dark stranger on Tuesday. And the Alice in Wonderland framework of Sunsigns was cool, particularly to the children of the 60's, our long hair trailing, our embroidered gowns catching the light.

But this book was also the first one to make me realize that in all fairness (yes, I'm a Libra by sunsign) astrologers and writers on astrology should be required to give you their charts first. Or at least to admit to their biases. Aries Linda had trouble with the Libra people and didn't quite capture us in all our glory.

It's a fun read, though, and a nice introduction to the art. Just don't take it too seriously, okay? ( )
  jarvenpa | Mar 31, 2013 |
astrologische karakterschetsen ( )
  elsabee | Apr 14, 2009 |
Written with such warmth, humour and love that it doesn't matter if you believe in astrology or not, you'll still be charmed by the bits that sound just like you. The Alice in Wonderland quotes are inspired. ( )
  Moomin_Mama | Apr 5, 2009 |
Sub title: "How to really know your husband, wife, lover, child, boss, employee, through astrology". A classic work, now it seems very old-fashioned. ( )
  drmls418 | Jan 8, 2009 |
Whether legitimate or not, whether weird or not, this book has shaped so many of my opinions about myself and about other people. I don’t think astrology is necessarily the ruling force in the universe, but I think it has some kind of significance, and Linda Goodman is its original genius. In the book, each of the twelve sun signs is broken up into five sections: a main overview, the male, the female, the boss and the child. She describes each sign with anecdotes, quotes and stories that either have either have personal relevance for her or cultural relevance for the reader. Although written in the sixties, Goodman’s book is still appropriate in today’s world, and I’ve yet to find a better guide to the signs. ( )
1 vote eheleneb3 | Feb 22, 2008 |

Linda Goodmanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Liungman, Carl G.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Mike Todd the Gemini who really knew the people he knew and for Mellisa Anne the pisces to keep a promise...Thus grew the tale of Wonderland: Thus slowly, one by one, Its quaint events were hammered out-and now the tale is done...
Have you recently met an unusually friendly person with a forceful manner, a firm handclasp and an instant smile?
Foreword: Someday, you will doubtless want to complete the details of your personal natal chart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553278827, Mass Market Paperback)

Find out what's really happening in your life and the lives of those around you. Is he really unstable beneath that placid exterior? Is she marrying you for your money alone? When should you give a wayward spouse the benefit of the doubt? How can you adjust your inner moods to your best advantage, knowing when to push and when to pull back, when to speak up and when to shut up? What is the best time to ask your boss for that raise, your girl for her heart and hand, your brother-in-law for a loan? Learn all this and much, much more from the world-famous astrologer who has helped millions divine their way to happiness, love, and profit by studying the sun signs. Amaze your friends and yourself with your insight into their most hidden characteristics. Be the best that you can possibly be with -- Sun Signs.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:04 -0400)

Describes the characteristics of people born under each of the zodiac's twelve sun signs, and discusses what to expect and how to deal with men, women, children, bosses, and employees from each category, from Aries through Pisces.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,319,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible