Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss

Many Lives, Many Masters (1988)

by Brian L. Weiss

English (21)  Spanish (1)  All languages (22)
Made me question, then change my views re:spirtuality vs. religion. Convinced me of reincarnation. ( )
  CMBlaker | May 6, 2014 |
Would like to believe in reincarnation, past life stories sound interesting, especially the stories about little kids "knowing" things. But..... I'm still an agnostic who likes to think about possibilities.

In any event, I met Dr. Weiss at a conference.
What was memorable to me was that he seemed to be such a gentle, soft-spoken man. ( )
  afinch11 | Aug 20, 2013 |
OK, OK, OK. I'm maybe a bit more than half convinced about reincarnation. But the insistance that all these lifes are lived with the same cast of characters makes one fear death more than ever. ( )
  C-WHY | Jul 29, 2013 |
This is an account by a psychiatrist with a scientific bent, who comes into contact with past-life material in a patient. It’s cautiously written, mildly interesting, and was of course a lot more revolutionary when it was first published back in 1988. ( )
  astrologerjenny | Apr 25, 2013 |
Throughout my 50+ years, most especially as a younger person, the feeling of being an "old soul" shadowed me. After reading this book, I may - to a small extent - know why. Hope to read more from Dr. Weiss. ( )
  Amethyst26 | Oct 25, 2012 |
To Carole, my wife,
Whose love has nourished and sustained me
for longer than I can remember.

We are together, to the end of time.
My thanks and love to to my children, Jordan and Amy, who forgave me for stealing so much from them to write this book.
I also thank Nicole Paskow for transcribing the audiotapes of the therapy sessions.
Julie Rubin's editorial suggestions after reading the first draft of this book were most valuable.
My heartfelt thanks go to Barbara Gess, my editor at Simon & Schuster, for her expertise and her courage.
My deep appreciation goes to all of the others, here and there, who have made this book possible.
I know there is a reason for everything.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0671657860, Paperback)

Psychiatry and metaphysics blend together in this fascinating book based on a true case history. Dr. Weiss, who was once firmly entrenched in a clinical approach to psychiatry, finds himself reluctantly drawn into past-life therapy when a hypnotized client suddenly reveals details of her previous lives. During one hypnosis session his client introduces the spirit guides who have been her soul therapists in between lives. This is when the story really takes off for Weiss, who discovers that these guides have specific messages about his dead son as well as Weiss's mission in life. No, we cannot verify the truth of this story using the limited scientific tools we have available. However, it is hard to dispute that this well-respected graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School has discovered a personal truth that has led him to be an enormously popular speaker, author, and leader in the field of past-life therapy. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:17 -0400)

As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career.--Publisher description.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,485,014 books! | Top bar: Always visible