Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss

Many Lives, Many Masters (1988)

by Brian L. Weiss

Recently added bynjmom3, private library, agapeccs, Suusan, MicaelaB, brandiboyett, dhove

English (25)  Spanish (1)  All languages (26)
Two ways exist for me to analyze and review Many Lives, Many Masters: The True Story of a Prominent Psychiatrist, His Young Patient, and the Past-Life Therapy That Changed Both Their Lives by Brian L. Weiss, MD. The book is about a belief in reincarnation and the ability to learn from past lives. Whether or not your believe in that is your choice and not the subject of this review. Looking at the book a case study from the scientific community, this book is not for me because of both what it includes and what it leaves out.

Read me complete review at: http://www.memoriesfrombooks.com/2014/10/many-lives-many-masters-true-story-of.h... ( )
  njmom3 | Oct 6, 2014 |
I remember reading this book shortly after it came out and I still will occasionally go back and read it. It's a fascinating story of a psychiatrist who attempts to help a young patient and inadvertently discovers that the patient has had past lives. The therapy sessions presented here will really challenge any notion you may have that reincarnation doesn’t exist. As with anything in life, there are so many things that we have question after question about, and as the questions pile up with no clear answers we can really dispute anything. But this book will make you think about the possibility that we have been here before. I was raised in a very conservative and religious home and never gave any thought to this concept until I read this book. The more I read and the more I thought about it, it started to make sense that we may have lived here before and done it many times. It also brought to question my ideas on purgatory and what it really is. Perhaps this is a place we go to if our soul doesn’t learn all it needs to when we die and before we incarnate again??
I highly recommend reading this book. It’s a fast read that will capture your attention and have you thinking about some concepts you may not have thought about before. ( )
1 vote Leena_Duncan | Aug 6, 2014 |
this is a must read for anyone interested in reincarnation ( )
  SpiritedTruthSeeker | Aug 5, 2014 |
If you have had doubts that reincarnation is real, read this book. I am a spirit filled Christian and nothing in this book made me feel that it was wrong. It made me wonder if pergatory in the Catholic faith is where all the reincarnation happens. This is an astounding book to read and if nothing else it makes you ask yourself some very pointed questions about what you do or don't believe about reincarnation. I can whole recommend this book without reservation. ( )
1 vote ShirleyMcLain930 | Aug 3, 2014 |
Made me question, then change my views re:spirtuality vs. religion. Convinced me of reincarnation. ( )
1 vote CMBlaker | May 6, 2014 |
To Carole, my wife,
Whose love has nourished and sustained me
for longer than I can remember.

We are together, to the end of time.
My thanks and love to to my children, Jordan and Amy, who forgave me for stealing so much from them to write this book.
I also thank Nicole Paskow for transcribing the audiotapes of the therapy sessions.
Julie Rubin's editorial suggestions after reading the first draft of this book were most valuable.
My heartfelt thanks go to Barbara Gess, my editor at Simon & Schuster, for her expertise and her courage.
My deep appreciation goes to all of the others, here and there, who have made this book possible.
I know there is a reason for everything.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0671657860, Paperback)

Psychiatry and metaphysics blend together in this fascinating book based on a true case history. Dr. Weiss, who was once firmly entrenched in a clinical approach to psychiatry, finds himself reluctantly drawn into past-life therapy when a hypnotized client suddenly reveals details of her previous lives. During one hypnosis session his client introduces the spirit guides who have been her soul therapists in between lives. This is when the story really takes off for Weiss, who discovers that these guides have specific messages about his dead son as well as Weiss's mission in life. No, we cannot verify the truth of this story using the limited scientific tools we have available. However, it is hard to dispute that this well-respected graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School has discovered a personal truth that has led him to be an enormously popular speaker, author, and leader in the field of past-life therapy. --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:52:17 -0400)

As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. Using past-life therapy, he was able to cure the patient and embark on a new, more meaningful phase of his own career.--Publisher description.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,318,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible