Mirror Image by Sandra Brown

Mirror Image (1990)

by Sandra Brown

3.5 stars ( )
  Ele.na | Jun 8, 2018 |
A page turner that keeps you guessing right up to the end.
The enthralling plot combines the right amounts of suspense and romance. I often re-read it to remind myself of truly captivating writing. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Sandra Brown is as always, my favorite author of all time & she never disappoints! She masters the genre of "Thriller romance". It's what I love the most, a ,lil bit of romance with some thriller! What can keep me away from the book? NOTHING!

Avery Daniels, a TV face got mixed up with the wife of a powerful politician running for senate Tate Rutledge! Avery didn't have anything in her hands to do, she was given the face of Mrs. Carole Rutledge after she had suffered massive injuries in her face from a plane crash!

At the hospital, in the ICU. Someone visits her & tell her to not open her mouth because their plan stands & Tate will be dead on the Election day. Through her recovery, Avery falls in love with Tate, she wants to stay Mrs. Rutledge to know who is trying to kill Tate so she can save him & in the sametime, a breakthrough story has presented itself to her.

All the characters in the novel were very important from my opinion, no one seemed shallow or not important. The plot was beautifully written, there wasn't a page I skipped nor felt bored reading it. It was a page turner actually. And the ending wasn't expected at all. It really shocked me! You do doubt 1 or 2 characters (one of them is the killer) but then ending is really unexpected!

I love you Sandra Brown. ( )
  books.paper.mania | Sep 13, 2016 |
READ IN GERMAN

I received a free copy of this book via First Reads giveaways on GR, Thank You.

It took a long time for me to finish this book, for as it turned out, reading a full length book in German is not as easy as it seems. But, I still think my dictionary and I managed to read it to the end and understand what was actually going on!

I thought the middle part could have been cut without actually changing the story. It was a bit more romance than I normally read, but it was OK. It won't be on my top lists, but it was a nice read all the same. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
This is my all-time favorite romance novel. ( )
  JamiDavenport | Apr 2, 2014 |

Brown, Sandraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Beckmann, SabineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hill, DickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ivanovas, SabineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kerrigan, AntoniaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The hell of it was that it couldn't have been a better day for flying.

The crash of a Dallas-bound jet wasn't just a tragedy to TV reporter Avery Daniels; it was an act of fate that handed her a golden opportunity to further her career. Mistaken for a glamorous, selfish woman named Carole Rutledge, the badly injured Avery would find that plastic surgery had given her Carole's face, the famous senatorial candidate Tate Rutledge for a husband, and a powerful Texas dynasty for in-laws. And as she lay helpless in the hospital, she would make a shattering discovery: Someone close to Tate planned to assassinate him. Now, to save Tate's life, Avery must live another woman's life -- and risk her own...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446353957, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)

After plastic surgery following a jet crash, television reporter Avery Daniels is mistaken for rich Texas senator Tate Rutledge's wife and finds herself keeping the false identity in order to save her "husband" from an assassination plot.

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,761,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible