Natural Causes by Michael Palmer

Natural Causes (1994)

by Michael Palmer

Recently added bydeHaas, TotalSwifty, private library, eurafalsky, robertawilder, leebaf, BlueMouse, JohnAKillip, zazoie

Pretty good medical thriller. Fast paced and exciting albeit fairly predictable. I enjoyed it even if it wasn't the best thriller I've ever read. It was entertaining. ( )
  Barb_H | Nov 9, 2013 |
Well after an unsupervised and undocumented journey from Sydney to Port Douglas, this book travelled in the comforts (albeit slightly crowded comforts but BC approved, see photo) of my backpack from Port Douglas north to Cooktown and then back down South to Rainbow Beach where it moved from the backpack to the handbag (a Ray White, non BC approved cloth tote) for reading on the Fraser trip and bus south to Brisbane, where it completed its duties on this fine spring day.

I liked the book, though I thought the ending was quite rushed and could have been better developed. I liked it well enough to want to find some of his other titles, though I can see them getting a bit samey after a while. I liked the Boston ties though, makes me almost homesick.

Thanks again for releasing this one, AG. I love your trick of putting a label midway through. Will take this to the mini meetup with Cackles and Jawin on Wednesday and if there is no interest, release it somewhere in Brisbane. ( )
  skinglist | Jan 9, 2009 |
This was an intense medical thriller with lots of twists and turns. Just when I thought I knew what caused the problems, Palmer deftly took the story in a new direction. ( )
  krin5292 | Oct 17, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553568760, Mass Market Paperback)

Dr. Sarah Baldwin races to a Boston hospital with a young woman whose normal labor has suddenly become a matter of life and death. As she struggles to save both mother and baby, she doesn't know that two other women have already died under horrifying identical circumstances. And so begins Sarah's own nightmare, as she learns that the prenatal herbal vitamins she prescribed are the only thing these women have in common. Soon Sarah is fighting to save her career, her reputation--her life. For she's certain there must be some unknown factor linking these women, and as she gets closer to the truth, it becomes clear that someone will do anything--even murder--to keep a devastating secret.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:20 -0400)

When one of Dr. Sarah Balwin's patients dies, her sometimes unorthodox treatments come under attack and she finds that other patients may be at risk, but not from natural causes.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,104,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible