Outcast (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book…

Outcast (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book 1) (edition 2009)

by Aaron Allston

Member:locilocisu
Title:Outcast (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book 1)
Authors:Aaron Allston
Info:LucasBooks (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Tags:science fiction

Outcast by Aaron Allston

Recently added byConalO, Davraena, Menslaria, GoldieBug, private library, dm13, Dustyrides

This audio book had good production value. It is at least as good as that of the last Star Wars audio book I reviewed "Death Troopers" but this story was much, much better.

Set 40 years or so after the empire falls, the new republican government has come to their own set of over empowerment trying to protect citizens from those who have more power over them and keep an extra watchful eye on the Jedi.

Luke Skywalker talks the hit for the whole religion and is outcast from the New Republican space. Of course, Luke has a reason for doing it. He tries to find others to help, and finds other groups of Force users who have been in hiding for centuries. The ending was anticlimactic, not enough to make me NEED to get the next one, but if given the opportunity I would. ( )
  fulner | Jul 14, 2014 |
fun. ( )
  MilesVor | Apr 4, 2014 |
You can read my full review at Quieted Waters.

This was a fun introduction to a new series, and it pits the Jedi against a novel opponent — the Galactic Alliance government. This book serves only as the intro to the series, so it will not wrap up loose ends and will leave you searching for the next book. ( )
  QuietedWaters | May 22, 2013 |
Quick Review: My expectations were low for this title, but I must say it wasn't as bad as expected. I loved the 'fun' nature of it, even if the stories were a bit hard to believe at first. I'd read this over LotJ or NJO any day. Allston did good on this-- and made me laugh quite a bit when it came to characters quips! Dare I say-- I might continue the series!

Longer review soon-ish! ( )
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |
I had given up on the New Jedi Order books for now; it was getting too tedious and I felt like I needed another series when it comes to getting my Star Wars fix.

So I skipped ahead and picked up the first book of Fate of the Jedi, not without a bit of optimism, since I had heard good things. And I figured it's as good a time as any to start, now that the last book has come out, completing the series.

Anyway, Outcast wasn't bad. I've certainly read better SW novels (recently, like Darth Plagueis) but at the same time I've also read worse.

I have a feeling that this book sets up the direction of the overarching story for the rest of FotJ, so as an introduction-type book I can't really complain (thought it was quite obvious that the Kessell side story was thrown in just so Han and Leia have something to do in this book). I'm interested in seeing where the series goes. ( )
  stefferoo | Mar 5, 2013 |
One by one, the stars overhead began to disappear, swallowed by some enormous darkness interposing itself from above and behind the shuttle.

Though forbidden to intervene in Jedi affairs, Luke is determined to keep history from being repeated. With his son, Ben, at his side, Luke sets out to unravel the shocking truth behind Jacen Solo's corruption and downfall. But the secrets he uncovers among the enigmatic Force mystics of the distant world Dorin may bring his quest--and life as he knows it--to a sudden end. And all the while, another Jedi Knight, consumed by the same madness as Jedi Knight Valin Horn, is headed for Coruscant on a fearsome mission that could doom the Jedi Order...and devastate the entire galaxy.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,818,621 books! | Top bar: Always visible