Outcast (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book…

Outcast (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book 1) (edition 2009)

by Aaron Allston

Member:locilocisu
Title:Outcast (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, Book 1)
Authors:Aaron Allston
Info:LucasBooks (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Tags:science fiction

Outcast by Aaron Allston

I really liked this book. I will say however that, unlike me, you should probably be at least passingly familiar with the whole Jacen Solo arc of previous books. I went into the book cold, without knowing anything. The books assumes you know who all these people are, what their relationship is to each other and the backstories involved.

Despite that, I still found myself really involved in the storylines of each person, and it kept me engaged until the end.

I had a fun time with it so four stars it is! ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
I am not positive how I feel about Outcast. I am not sure if I liked Aaron Allston's writing style. I know there was a lot that needed setting up for the Fate of the Jedi series, and he got the job done which, to me, shows extreme talent.

There is plenty of action, and while I enjoyed the portions of the book dealing with Luke and Ben, and Han and Leia best, some of the other story lines were nearly as equally as intriguing. Nearly.

However, I am anxious to begin Omen, the next in the series.

Phillip Tomasso
Author of Wizard's Rise and Wizard's War ( )
  ptom3 | Aug 7, 2016 |
Not bad

I like that we got to see more of Jaina, Jag, and Tahiti As well as Luke and Ben and the Solos and Allana. The consequences of Jacen's fall are interesting, logical, and not abandoned.
  acf151 | Jun 18, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book for several reasons. There was still a sense of urgency and foreboding as is normal of the Star Wars universe, but it was also light-hearted. It was also nice to see the whole anti-Jedi feelings that had been hanging around for quite a long time finally coming to fruitation and causing long term issues for the Jedi.

Then there was the chance to see Luke and Ben together. Mara will always be my favorite character but due to the massive events of the previous novels we rarely got to see Luke and Ben together, their relationship is brilliant to read and very amusing at times. I loved the witty banter, and especially the scene where Ben starts singing an ewok song to Luke :D ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
The first novel in the Star Wars series Fate of the Jedi. Something weird is happening to young Jedi, and Grand Master Luke Skywalker sets out on a mission to uncover the truth along with his teenage son Ben. Plus a lot of other Galactic Alliance political drama. ( )
  storeyonastory | Oct 12, 2014 |
One by one, the stars overhead began to disappear, swallowed by some enormous darkness interposing itself from above and behind the shuttle.

Though forbidden to intervene in Jedi affairs, Luke is determined to keep history from being repeated. With his son, Ben, at his side, Luke sets out to unravel the shocking truth behind Jacen Solo's corruption and downfall. But the secrets he uncovers among the enigmatic Force mystics of the distant world Dorin may bring his quest--and life as he knows it--to a sudden end. And all the while, another Jedi Knight, consumed by the same madness as Jedi Knight Valin Horn, is headed for Coruscant on a fearsome mission that could doom the Jedi Order...and devastate the entire galaxy.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,132,909 books! | Top bar: Always visible