Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

Best Friends Forever

by Jennifer Weiner

Beautiful. I enjoyed it a lot! ( )
  buckwriter | Jan 29, 2017 |
After reading several dark novels, it was refreshing to read something different. This book did have some issues to ponder on like rape, bullying, infertility and more. It also was sprinkled with humor. ( )
  NanaDebs | Jan 9, 2017 |
Interesting read. Not something I would have normally picked out to read, but I received a copy from the publisher, so I eagerly began to read this. I do enjoy a good "relationship" novel and this story moves along at a good pace and keeps you reading. I found the characters very different from myself which was part of the fascination with the tale, but at the end of it all, it just felt like I had consumed empty calories. I'm glad I read this but did not enjoy it enough to seek out another book by this author. ( )
  Icewineanne | Aug 4, 2016 |
pick up on page 204 ( )
  Indygirl | Aug 4, 2016 |
Jennifer
  StPaulsChurch | Jul 19, 2016 |
Weiner's latest novel is already wedged into a special bookcase with the other books I reread every so often just because they make me happy

With its girl-on-the-lam main characters, "BFF" has less comfortable warmth than some of Weiner's previous works, but enough to keep me pleasantly looking forward to book 8.

The book leaves you feeling as though Weiner thought her first draft was too long so she highlighted random chunks of detail and hit the delete button. There are conclusions that seem unnatural and poorly developed secondary characters, such as police officers investigating the case who seem unnecessary. While Weiner's writing has heart, it falls flat and doesn't measure up to her previous works. She can do better. Much better.

Best Friends Forever is a delightful, emotional novel that's perfect for summer poolside reading. This is chick lit at its finest and lightest, but with just enough heart to make it come alive.
added by Shortride | editBlogcritics, Amanda (Jul 14, 2009)

Best Friends Forever is a frothy treat. It's another superlative novel by Weiner, about a big girl with a bigger heart, that will have women and men of all sizes cheering.
added by Shortride | editUSA Today, Carol Memmott (Jul 13, 2009)

Jennifer Weinerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Colby, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Poole, NicoleNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I can't say I'm sorry for the things that we done / At least for a little while sir me and her we had us some fun." - From 'Nebraska' by Bruce Springsteen
For Susan Abrams Krevsky - my BFF
Dan Swansea came awake in the darkness, not knowing for a minute who he was or where.

From Publishers Weekly
Chick lit doyenne Weiner offers airtight proof that the genre thrives with this clever, sad and sweet turn on Thelma and Louise–style rage. Juggling the politics of broken families, heartbreaking betrayal and shaky self-esteem, two girlhood pals—ugly duckling Addie and wounded beauty Valerie—reconnect after their high school reunion, where Valerie exacts a long-in-coming revenge on smug former beau Dan Swansea. But the payback gets more complicated when police chief Jordan Novick, nursing a broken heart and a crush-at-first-sight with Addie, is called in to investigate Dan's disappearance. Along the way, Val and Addie stage what may be the funniest not-quite-heist ever pulled off as they evade the heat over the missing Dan. The big payoff, of course, is that Addie and Valerie mend the mean-girls misunderstanding that drove them apart as teens and discover the shared pain and loss that bound them as kids and, once again, as adults. This beach read will win readers over with its wit and wisdom. (July)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Popular television personality Valerie Adler turns to her long-forgotten, Illinois hometown friend Addie Downs when she runs into a bit of trouble involving betrayal and loyalty, family history and small-town secrets.

Jennifer Weiner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,194,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible