cocktail club by Madeleine Wickham

cocktail club (edition 2012)

by Madeleine Wickham

Member:PandoraBlack
Title:cocktail club
Authors:Madeleine Wickham
Info:
Rating:***1/2

Cocktails for Three by Madeleine Wickham

I found this quite predictable all the way through, though it definitely still had its entertaining parts.
I'd recommend it to people looking for a quick, light read. ( )
  AmyJ96 | Dec 1, 2013 |
Average chick lit . Nice book to read on a Holliday. It's about the live of three woman who has to deal with their own problems and how this effects their friendship. ( )
  Hollandy2k | Mar 30, 2013 |
This was such a cute book! I felt like I was there with the girls and their cocktails. It brought up some serious issues that most women face, especially those with children. Another quick read but well worth your time! ( )
  ceh0017 | Nov 12, 2011 |
Overall, I enjoyed this "chick lit" book. It definitely had heavier topics, and although some of the plot twists were hard to believe I liked the way the three characters developed. I especially liked the relationship with Ralph- I didnt see that one coming. Yes, it is a little bit darker than the Shopaholic books. However, the same messages behind the story, character development, and entertainment are still there. I was glad to find Madeleine Wickham, and will definitely pick up some more of her (Kinsella's) books. ( )
  Zeppelin25 | Jul 25, 2011 |
I had never read anything by Madeline Wickham. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the book. ( )
  Jencey | Feb 6, 2011 |
Many thanks to my agent Araminta Whitley, to Linda Evans and Sally Gaminara and all at Transworld, for their constant enthusiasm and encouragement during the writing of this book. To my parents and sisters for their continual, cheerful support and to my friends Ana-Maria and George Mosley, for always being there with a cocktail shaker at the ready. and finally to my husband Henry, without wom this book would have been impossible, and to whom it is dedicated.

Candice Brewin pushed open the heavy glass door of the Manhattan Bar and felt the familiar swell of warmth, noise, light and clatter rush over her.

Roxanne, Candice en Maggie, sinds jaren dikke vriendinnen, werken alle drie bij een glossy tijdschrift in Londen. Elke maand hebben ze een vaste afspraak om bij te kletsen over alles wat er in hun leven gebeurt, met veel cocktails, de laatste roddels en slappe-lachbuien. Maar achter hun succesvolle pantser verbergen de jonge powervrouwen een groot geheim. Roxanne heeft een geheime minnaar. Maggie denkt dat ze niet geschikt is voor het moederschap. Candice wordt meedogenloos door haar verleden ingehaald. Een toevallige ontmoeting in de cocktailbar zet de levens van de vriendinnen op scherp. Zullen zij elkaar door dik en dun blijven steunen?
Meeslepend en sprankelend verhaal - om in één zucht uit te lezen. Bijzonder verfrissende chicklit roman. Shaken, not stirred.

Roxanne: glamorous, self-confident, with a secret lover -- a married man

Maggie: capable and high-achieving, until she finds the one thing she can't cope with -- motherhood

Candice: honest, decent, or so she believes -- until a ghost from her past turns up

At the first of every month, when the office has reached its pinnacle of hysteria, Maggie, Roxanne, and Candice meet at London's swankiest bar for an evening of cocktails and gossip. Here, they chat about what's new at The Londoner, the glossy fashion magazine where they all work, and everything else that's going on in their lives. Or almost everything. Beneath the girl talk and the laughter, each of the three has a secret. And when a chance encounter at the cocktail bar sets in motion an extraordinary chain of events, each one will find their biggest secret revealed.

In Cocktails for Three, Madeleine Wickham combines her trademark humor with remarkable insight to create an edgy, romantic tale of secrets, strangers, and a splash of scandal.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:34 -0400)

Three women working in the fast and furious world of magazines meet for cocktails and gossip once a month. A chance encounter in the cocktail bar sets off a train of events which upsets all their lives and almost destroys their friendship. Originally published: 2000.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,415,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible