Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood,…

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 3) (edition 2006)

by J.R. Ward

3,2031392,619 (4.33)61
Member:werlaxn
Title:Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 3)
Authors:J.R. Ward
Info:Signet (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages
Tags:ebooks

Lover Awakened by J. R. Ward

English (134)  Hungarian (1)  Czech (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (137)
4.5/5 stars

I really liked this book the most out of the three I've read so far. Zsadist has a horrible past and I found it interesting to read more about it. At first I got a little tired of his way of thinking and especially his way of thinking about 'it'. It was fine for the beginning, but eventually it just went on a little too long.

I liked Zsadist for the most part. He's a great hero, but also kind of an ass. Slowly, he opens himself for Bella and I really liked the scenes where they were together.

I loved Bella as a main character. She's strong and she knows what she wants, but doesn't allow Zsadist to screw her up either.

You also get to know more about what happens to Wrath and Beth and Rhage and Mary.

Some thing that happen to secondary characters made me want to cry and I wasn't really expecting that to happen. I felt really bad for certain characters.

All in all, a great read and one you'll most certainly enjoy if you liked the first two books. Up next is the story of Marissa and Butch and I hope I'll like that as much as this one. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Good book

This one has my emotions all over the place. Sad and happy blend from one moment to the next. I read this book in one day. Couldn't put it down. ( )
  Sonja-Fay-Little | Jan 24, 2019 |
I love this book! It really touched me, a hard unloved soul finding the one true love to break his cruel unloving heart to love something and to learn to be loved. This book really spoke to me and lets me know there's always that one true love out there for you to show you the way to love and be loved. Awesome! ( )
  FredaCochran | Nov 24, 2018 |
We go full swing into the darker part of the world in this book. Zsadist's story is so hard to read, yet it becomes clear why he is the way he is. You really feel for his character in this story, and not only that but you get to dive deeper into the war as well. Devoured this one in a single sitting, I couldn't put it down! ( )
  Brandie_States | Nov 2, 2018 |
Link to full review below! Bella and Z...swoon! Z has one of the most tragic backstory ever though! See full review on The Book Disciple ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

J. R. Wardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Frangione, JimReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lukács, LászlónéTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sjövik, Maria(KääNt.)secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dedicated to: You
There will never be another like you.
For me... you are the one.
Yeah, I don't have enough words for this....
"Goddamn it, Zsadist! Don't jump—"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451219368, Mass Market Paperback)

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion and terror his only passion—until he rescues a beautiful female from the evil Lessening Society.

Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses. But even as their desire for each other begins to overtake them, Zsadist’s thirst for vengeance against Bella’s tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past and find a future with her....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:05 -0400)

When Zsadist, the most feared member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, rescues Bella from the evil Lessening Society, he is nearly driven insane by rage against her tormentors, and must confront his tortured past in order to have a future with this brave beauty who is his destiny.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,719,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible