Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of…

Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior

by David R. Hawkins

Informative book on consciousness. However, I do not believe human consciousness can be graded on a scale. I believe we are very fluid and our consciousness move from high to low. Also, I believe we can have mutliple emotions and personality depending on what we are doing and thinking and as such, we will have different consciousness, subconscious or not.

3.5 stars. will reread again in the future. ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
Provocative perspective on reality. ( )
  RFBrost | Nov 2, 2017 |
This was recommended to me when I was in college and I'm so glad that I read it! I ended up buying it. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
In Essence ...

Provides a map of human consciousness, a method to discern truth from lies, and how to start utilizing power rather than force in your own quest for enlightenment ...
  PaulineGoodman | Jul 23, 2015 |
This is a unique book - I’ve never read anything like it before.

The book is worth reading for the preface alone. Here Hawkins discloses his various awakening experiences, beginning at the age of three. At one point, when caught in a blizzard, he enters “a state of peace beyond all description … accompanied by a suffusion of light and a Presence of infinite love”. This was indistinguishable from his own essence. Later in life he enters a permanent state of bliss. He was “an instrument of the Infinite Presence, and … did as it willed”.

His chronic maladies disappear. He heals incurable catatonics and other desperately ill psychotics in an instant just by “loving” them. He sees in each patient “the shining essence of love and beauty” and the patient is healed by his/her own recognition of who he/she really is. He sees that “all pain and suffering arises solely from the ego and not from God”.

This preface is a revelation. Make sure to read it.

But the main content of the book is about the author’s discovery of kinesiology – that the truth or falsehood of any statement can be tested by means of muscle testing. Our bodies in their infinite wisdom know the answer to everything.

Hawkins devises a scale of calibration ranging from 0 – 1000. O is presumably death, 700-1000 is enlightenment. Shame, Guilt, Apathy, Grief, Fear, Desire, Anger, Pride range from 20-175. At the 200 level, which is Courage, power first appears.

When subjects are tested at all the energy levels below 200, all go weak. Everyone goes strong at levels above 200.

Neutrality is 250, Willingness is 310, Acceptance is 350, Reason is 400, Love is 500. (The love referred to is “unconditional, unchanging, and permanent”.) Joy is 540, Peace is 600 and, as stated, Enlightenment is 700-1000.

The collective level of consciousness of mankind is currently at 207 (the book first appeared in 1995, so perhaps the average level of consciousness has now increased).

The level of Nobel Prize Winners, great statesmen, Einstein and Freud calibrates at 400. From level 540 up is “the domain of saints --- advanced spiritual students and healers”. The level of 600 is associated with “transcendence, self-realization, and God-consciousness”. “It is extremely rare, attained by only 1 in 10 million people.” Mahatma Gandhi calibrated at 700. Gandhi won in the struggle against the British Empire because his position was one of far greater power. The British Empire represented Force (calibrated at 175) and power always wins against force.

Hawkins has calibrated each sentence and chapter in the book to check for their truth. The calibrated levels of truth of the chapters are given at the back of the book and range from 710 to 890.

I would thus strongly recommend everyone to read this book - you may raise your consciousness! ( )
2 vote IonaS | Apr 11, 2012 |

In this book, Dr. Hawkins shows that the cold light of science is confirming what mystics and saints have always said about the self, God, and the very nature of reality. Previous ed.: Sedona, Ariz.: Veritas, 1995.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,800,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible