Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems

Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Mo Willems, Mo Willems (Illustrator)

568None17,457 (4.19)3
Member:alissabecker
Title:Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed
Authors:Mo Willems
Other authors:Mo Willems (Illustrator)
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2009)
Tags:Naked mole rats, Wilbur, clothes, outsider, Grand-pah, acceptance

Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems (2009)

Ehn. We were expecting something better with this book. We were all slightly disappointed, but we still admire Willems and his genius. We did like the message. That was the best part. ( )
  quillmenow | Dec 31, 2013 |
I can't remember how this found its way onto my to-read list... It is very funny though and I'm glad I finally got around to reading it. ( )
  Zabeth | Dec 9, 2013 |
The idea of the naked mole rat getting dressed is so cute and fun! Love the book. ( )
  lnmeadows | Nov 20, 2013 |
I loved this book for so many different reasons. One reason that I enjoyed the book was because of the illustrations. Not only did the illustrations fit and enhance the written text, but it was also incredibly amusing for the readers. I thought that it was entertaining to watch the different emotions come over the different naked mole rats. Additionally, without the illustrations, the reader might have a different image in their head about what a naked mole rat may look like. Another reason that I enjoyed this book so much was because of the written text. I found the written text to be really funny and engaging. The text was so comical that it pushed readers to want to find out what happens on the next page. I also really liked how the text talked to the reader when it said, "Three things you need to know..." I thought that was an interesting approach and I really enjoyed it. In my opinion, the overall message of the book would be that it is okay to be unique. ( )
  sradin2 | Nov 19, 2013 |
Thanks to Mo Willems (with a little help from the Eric Carle Museum in Amherst, MA, where Willems is a featured illustrator/author right now), my son is spending much of his time pretending to be a naked mole rat. Luckily he's not even four yet, so this is cute rather than disturbing. ( )
1 vote ImperfectCJ | Sep 27, 2013 |
for Trixie
There is so much to learn about the fascinating little creatures known as naked mole rats.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142311437X, Hardcover)

Wilbur is different from the other Naked Mole Rats in his Colony, because he wears clothes (and he likes it!).   But what will happen when Grandpah, the oldest, wisest, and most naked Naked Mole Rat ever discovers Wilbur’s secret?

Funnyman and three-time Caldecott Honoree Mo Willems exposes the naked truth about being yourself and wearing it well.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:22 -0400)

Wilbur, a naked mole rat who likes to wear clothes, is forced to go before the wise community elder, who surprises the other naked mole rats with his prounouncement.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,414,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible