Killing Floor by Lee Child

Killing Floor (1997)

by Lee Child

Series: Jack Reacher (1)

Recently added byrnbwpnt, private library, Randulf, HenryJOlsen, checheney2002, ctpress, DianaNL, InesFranco, whiff
    Rain fall by Barry Eisler (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: If you like how Reacher gets things done without worrying about niceties such as legality, you'll probably like Eisler's series too - though Eisler is a bit more descriptive and a bit less violent.
    Hit Man by Lawrence Block (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: Very similar main characters. Block's is a little less "gory" and is more like a series of vignettes than a plotted story.
    Promise Me by Harlan Coben (fleagirl)
    fleagirl: Big tough-guy with heart of tarnished gold, has knack for getting himself into trouble while getting others out.
    Japantown: A Thriller (A Jim Brodie Novel) by Barry Lancet (OneOfDem)

English (179)  Dutch (2)  All languages (181)
Tom Cruise is not Jack Reacher. Steven Seagal is Jack Reacher. ( )
  HenryJOlsen | May 21, 2016 |
Very slow to get started, then I thought it was going to be ok. BUT why did I have to finish this book. I think it was a waste of my brain activity. ( )
  gma2lana | May 9, 2016 |
Maybe I expected too much after hearing so many great things. However, being the first in the series, I will continue on with the next one. I loved the details of how Reacher figured things out and the pacing worked out good.The plot was also handled well. I want to like Reacher, but I'm not sure yet. I found I was rooting more for the story to work out than the "hero" to win in the end. The writing style took a while to get used to; a lot of short, halting sentences. However, I got accustomed to that pattern. All in all, it was a good book and kept me reading until the end, which is always a plus. ( )
  EJFin | Apr 6, 2016 |
Dick Hill
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I'd seen the Reacher movie (it was ok, but not amazing), but was trapped in an airport with a book too close to the end for comfort. So I bought the first Jack Reacher novel. I'm impressed to be honest -- its well written, readable, and not trying to be Tom Clancy. Where Clancy would get lost in the blow by blow details of how military hardware works, this story is instead about how the main character feels and where their intuition is up to at that point. Sure, he explains that the shot gun pointed at his is dangerous, but doesn't get too lost in the detail.

I enjoyed this book, and its a well written mystery tale. I'll read more from this series I am sure.

http://www.stillhq.com/book/Lee_Child/Killing_Floor.html ( )
  mikal | Mar 16, 2016 |

Lee Childprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hill, DickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I was arrested in Eno's Diner.

Jack Reacher loses his brother in this book.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515141429, Mass Market Paperback)

When Jack Reacher suddenly decides to ask a Greyhound bus driver to let him off near the town of Margrave, Georgia, he thinks it's because his brother once mentioned that the famed blues guitarist Blind Blake died there. But it doesn't take long for the footloose ex-military policeman to discover that there are plenty of strange--and very dangerous--things going on behind Margrave's manicured lawns and clean streets that demand his attention. This first thriller by a former television writer features some of the best-written scenes of action in recent memory, a crash course in currency and counterfeiting, and a hero who is just begging to be called on for an encore.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:15 -0400)

Jack Reacher, an ex-military policeman passes through the town of Margrave, Georgia and is accused of murder. He must find the true killer and prove his innocence--with virtually the whole town against him.

Lee Child is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,816,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible