Killing Floor by Lee Child

Killing Floor (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Lee Child

Title:Killing Floor
Authors:Lee Child
Info:Bantam (2010), Paperback, 528 pages
Collections:Kindle, Your library

Killing Floor by Lee Child (1997)

Rain Fall by Barry Eisler (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: If you like how Reacher gets things done without worrying about niceties such as legality, you'll probably like Eisler's series too - though Eisler is a bit more descriptive and a bit less violent.
    Hit Man by Lawrence Block (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: Very similar main characters. Block's is a little less "gory" and is more like a series of vignettes than a plotted story.
    Promise Me by Harlan Coben (fleagirl)
    fleagirl: Big tough-guy with heart of tarnished gold, has knack for getting himself into trouble while getting others out.
    Japantown: A Thriller (A Jim Brodie Novel) by Barry Lancet (OneOfDem)

English (186)  Dutch (2)  All languages (188)
Jack Reacher's series of mystery adventures was highly recommended to me. I purchased them as ebooks for my high school, but never got a chance to read them. A friend lent me the first and I have really enjoyed it and found it hard to put down. After being a military brat as a child and serving thirteen years in the military himself, Jack only wants to be free and just ramble. On impulse, he exits a bus at Margrave, GA, in a heavy rain. After walking fourteen miles he stops in a diner for breakfast and gets arrested for murder. He knows he hasn't killed anyone recently, but things in this little town are very complicated. ( )
  Gmomaj | Oct 20, 2016 |
This is my first Lee Child novel and I'll definitely read his books again. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
I am not a fan on Thrillers (both books and movies), but this book really got me excited. I am not giving it more than 3.5 stars simply because, like any other action thriller, some parts were quite obvious...but it had a lot of exciting parts as well. So I generally liked it and enjoyed reading it. ( )
  McKhusu | Sep 7, 2016 |
3.5 / 5 ( )
  Amanda105 | Sep 5, 2016 |
Still the best Jack Reacher novel I've read to date. ( )
  Martholamew1729 | Jul 17, 2016 |

Lee Childprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hill, DickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
My agent is Darley Anderson in London; my editors are David Highfill in New York and Marianne Velmans in London.
This book is dedicated to the three of them, in appreciation of all their efforts, which went way beyond the call of duty.
I was arrested in Eno's Diner.

Jack Reacher loses his brother in this book.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515141429, Mass Market Paperback)

When Jack Reacher suddenly decides to ask a Greyhound bus driver to let him off near the town of Margrave, Georgia, he thinks it's because his brother once mentioned that the famed blues guitarist Blind Blake died there. But it doesn't take long for the footloose ex-military policeman to discover that there are plenty of strange--and very dangerous--things going on behind Margrave's manicured lawns and clean streets that demand his attention. This first thriller by a former television writer features some of the best-written scenes of action in recent memory, a crash course in currency and counterfeiting, and a hero who is just begging to be called on for an encore.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:15 -0400)

Jack Reacher, an ex-military policeman passes through the town of Margrave, Georgia and is accused of murder. He must find the true killer and prove his innocence--with virtually the whole town against him.

Lee Child is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,837,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible