Killing Floor by Lee Child

Killing Floor (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Lee Child

Member:celfy
Title:Killing Floor
Authors:Lee Child
Info:Bantam (2010), Paperback, 528 pages
Collections:Kindle, Your library
Tags:Kindle

Killing Floor by Lee Child (1997)

Rain fall by Barry Eisler (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: If you like how Reacher gets things done without worrying about niceties such as legality, you'll probably like Eisler's series too - though Eisler is a bit more descriptive and a bit less violent.
    Hit Man by Lawrence Block (crazybatcow)
    crazybatcow: Very similar main characters. Block's is a little less "gory" and is more like a series of vignettes than a plotted story.
    Promise Me by Harlan Coben (fleagirl)
    fleagirl: Big tough-guy with heart of tarnished gold, has knack for getting himself into trouble while getting others out.

English (152)  Dutch (2)  All languages (154)
jack reacher's debut..
lee childs books are soo addicting that once u start reading it u jst cant rest until u finish it off.
a total rollr coaster ride with twists and turns on cropping up frequntly.

after a long time i have found a good action hero in Jack Reacher character. ( )
  abhidd1687 | Mar 26, 2015 |
The first Lee Child book I've read and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the writing. I expected something of Grisham/Patterson quality but in fact Child is up there with the likes of Jeffrey Deaver and Michael Crichton. It's in the style of Sam Spade detective but very well written and highly recommended. ( )
  PaddySheridan | Mar 8, 2015 |
This book started out kind of interesting, then got fairly predictable and boring. I only started reading this series because of the movie "Jack Reacher" which is based on one of the books in this series. Needless to say, the movie was much more interesting, which is a crime. The book should always be better than the movie. Now, this particular book isn't the one the movie was based on, but it sucked so hard that there's just no motivation for me to look up the actual book the movie was based on.

So, fuck Jack Reacher. Fuck him in his dirty asshole. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
Jack Reacher is an American, but I noticed him using a few Brit expressions, such as "Perspex" for Lucite, "park up" for park, "there's a killer running ABOUT outside" (the author is a Brit).

This is a page-turner, though I don't think I want to read right through the series (this is my third in the space of 4 weeks). The formulaic aspects are becoming apparent. But I will probably read another on my next vacation. ( )
  TulsaTV | Jan 10, 2015 |
The idea for the book was good but at one point it became a little bit boring. It was enjoyable. Will still read his other books. ( )
  dom76 | Jan 7, 2015 |

Lee Childprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hill, DickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I was arrested in Eno's Diner.

Jack Reacher loses his brother in this book.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0515141429, Mass Market Paperback)

When Jack Reacher suddenly decides to ask a Greyhound bus driver to let him off near the town of Margrave, Georgia, he thinks it's because his brother once mentioned that the famed blues guitarist Blind Blake died there. But it doesn't take long for the footloose ex-military policeman to discover that there are plenty of strange--and very dangerous--things going on behind Margrave's manicured lawns and clean streets that demand his attention. This first thriller by a former television writer features some of the best-written scenes of action in recent memory, a crash course in currency and counterfeiting, and a hero who is just begging to be called on for an encore.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:01 -0400)

Jack Reacher, an ex-military policeman passes through the town of Margrave, Georgia and is accused of murder. He must find the true killer and prove his innocence--with virtually the whole town against him.

Lee Child is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,235,045 books! | Top bar: Always visible