Persuader by Lee Child

Persuader (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Lee Child

Member:FGR444
Title:Persuader
Authors:Lee Child
Info:Bantam Press (2003), Paperback, 389 pages
Rating:***1/2

Persuader by Lee Child (2003)

English (53)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  All (57)
Shit, This Thing Is Selling Millions: "Persuader" by Lee Child Published 2004.

I’m taking two risks here by writing this review. The first risk sounds repetitive. I have the distinct impression that I’ve written about this in several of my previous texts. The second risk might be because you might incur a waste of my (and your) time by reading this diatribe. After reading one more Reacher book, I just had to write (again) about this.

Imagine the following dialogue with the author of this text: “Shit, this thing is selling millions. Anyone of us could have written it. I don’t believe we can put Lee Child on the same shelf along with some of Mervyn Peake's books, sadly being eaten away by moths.”

I agree that Peake's prose is much more enticing than Child’s or Meyer’s. Peake's reflections have much more inner depth. This would tempt us to say that Peake “has” more inherent quality than Child or Stephanie Meyer.

The rest of this diatribe can be found elsewhere. ( )
  antao | Dec 10, 2016 |
Reacher is back doing Reacher stuff, but working with (for?) the government. Not the best stuff in the series. ( )
  dougcornelius | Jun 13, 2016 |
Krimic pun zapleta,zanimljiv,bivsi policajac pomaze saveznim agentima u hvatanju trgovaca oruzjem,a usput se i licno sveti... ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
Consistent with the other entries in the series and still ennjoyable, only this time he tells two stories at once. He is just overflowing with them! ( )
  MaureenCean | Feb 2, 2016 |
Persuader Lee Child
★★★★

My favourite Jack Reacher story so far.

I cant really say alot about it without giving the story away, so lets just say Jack gets a chance to put right past wrongs and that the tense atmosphere throughout the book kept me gripped.
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
FOR JANE

AND THE SHORE BIRDS
The cop climbed out of his car exactly four minutes before he got shot. He moved like he knew his fate in advance.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0440241006, Mass Market Paperback)

Jack Reacher, the taciturn ex-MP whose adventures in Lee Child's six previous solidly plotted, expertly paced thrillers have won a devoted fan base, returns in this explosive tale of an undercover operation set up by the FBI to rescue an agent investigating Zachary Beck, a reclusive tycoon believed to be a kingpin in the drug trade. The novel begins with a bang as Reacher rescues Beck's son from a staged kidnapping in order to get close to his father--and trace the connection between Beck and Quinn, a former army intelligence officer who tried to sell blueprints of a secret weapon to Iraq but was murdered before he could pull it off. Or so Reacher thinks, until he spots Quinn in the crowd at a concert in Boston. As usual, Child ratchets up the tension and keeps the reader in suspense until the last page, although his enigmatic hero hardly ever seems to break a sweat. In the tough guy tradition, Reacher and his creator are overdue for a breakout, and this muscular, well-written mystery might be the one. --Jane Adams

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:16 -0400)

Ex-military cop Jack Reacher gets caught in the middle of an off-the-books FBI drug investigation when he spots an old nemesis--believed to be dead for ten years--alive and well in Boston and his attempts to tap into his old resources for help brings the federal agents to his door.… (more)

Lee Child is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,756,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible