Anno's Journey by Mitsumasa Anno

Anno's Journey (original 1977; edition 1997)

by Mitsumasa Anno

Member:destinymbruner
Title:Anno's Journey
Authors:Mitsumasa Anno
Info:Puffin (1997), Paperback, 48 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:art, wordless, counting, math, measurement, easy

Anno's Journey by Mitsumasa Anno (1977)

Yes I know it's just a wordless picture-book. Still, one would need to spend time looking at all the detail in the pictures - and after a page or two I was tuckered out. Maybe my eyes are too old. I did read the note at the end and then went back and found a few of the 'hidden objects' but still, I don't think it was worth my time.
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 5, 2016 |
A wordless book based on the author's travels in Europe. A man on horseback links all the two-page spread pictures. Embedded in the illustrations are references to paintings, stories, a romance told over the course of several pages, and more. All this is discussed in a page at the end of the book.

A quote:
i wandered from town to town, from country to country and sometimes my journey was hard, but it is at just such times that reward comes. When a man loses his way, he often finds himself---or some unlooked-for treasure. by the end of my journey, I realized that I had set out not to collect information but to lose my way---and to discover the world you will find in this book. ( )
  raizel | Mar 10, 2016 |
Oh, my! What a breathtaking book, wordless and filled with thousand upon thousand of small images in the context of a larger picture. While at times when an artist attempts this, it seems confusing, someone Mitsumassa Anno did a splendid job of it all. ( )
  Whisper1 | Aug 4, 2014 |
ages 1 -2
source pierce College
  people65 | Nov 11, 2013 |
As is the case with so many wordless books, this one calls for repeated "readings". I liked to study the details, try to imagine through where the rider was traveling. In particular I liked how some things repeated themselves through the book but in different form/shape: landscapes, groups of people, children. My 4 1/2 year old was pretty drawn into this book as well. We might seek out [a:Anno's|72077|Mitsumasa Anno|/assets/nophoto/nophoto-M-50x66-e07624dc012f2cce49c7d9aa6500c6c0.jpg] other "travel" books: [b:Spain|1076039|Anno's Spain|Mitsumasa Anno|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1309287701s/1076039.jpg|1062751], [b:Britain|596705|Anno's Britain|Mitsumasa Anno|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1333342054s/596705.jpg|1062753], [b:U.S.A|596698|Anno's U.S.A.|Mitsumasa Anno|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1176141703s/596698.jpg|1062761], [b:Italy|1401082|Anno's Italy|Mitsumasa Anno|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1312374264s/1401082.jpg|1391275] ... ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |

A wordless journey of a Japanese traveler through Europe.

Told through brilliant illustrations, a colorful, wordless book takes young readers on a wonderous tour of northern Europe, seeing its landscape, geography, and architecture along the way. Reprint. PW. AB. H. "

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:50 -0400)

Records in drawings the author's journey through northern Europe and his impressions of the land, the people at work and play, and their art, architecture, folklore, and fairy tales.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,588,778 books! | Top bar: Always visible