Anno's Journey by Mitsumasa Anno

Anno's Journey (original 1977; edition 1997)

by Mitsumasa Anno

Title:Anno's Journey
Authors:Mitsumasa Anno
Info:Puffin (1997), Paperback, 48 pages
Tags:art, wordless, counting, math, measurement, easy

Anno's Journey by Mitsumasa Anno (1977)

Anno's Journey is a detailed, wordless story of a man who travels through Europe observing different places of the land. The book its self is simple but colorful. The towns people are active in the city and the grass looks oh so green. The train station is busy with people and gives the reader context to the time period this book was written. This is a great example of sequencing different parts of the city in order from the start of the journey to the end. ( )
  John_Spelce | Sep 27, 2016 |
Yes I know it's just a wordless picture-book. Still, one would need to spend time looking at all the detail in the pictures - and after a page or two I was tuckered out. Maybe my eyes are too old. I did read the note at the end and then went back and found a few of the 'hidden objects' but still, I don't think it was worth my time.
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 5, 2016 |
A wordless book based on the author's travels in Europe. A man on horseback links all the two-page spread pictures. Embedded in the illustrations are references to paintings, stories, a romance told over the course of several pages, and more. All this is discussed in a page at the end of the book.

A quote:
i wandered from town to town, from country to country and sometimes my journey was hard, but it is at just such times that reward comes. When a man loses his way, he often finds himself---or some unlooked-for treasure. by the end of my journey, I realized that I had set out not to collect information but to lose my way---and to discover the world you will find in this book. ( )
  raizel | Mar 10, 2016 |
Oh, my! What a breathtaking book, wordless and filled with thousand upon thousand of small images in the context of a larger picture. While at times when an artist attempts this, it seems confusing, someone Mitsumassa Anno did a splendid job of it all. ( )
  Whisper1 | Aug 4, 2014 |
As is the case with so many wordless books, this one calls for repeated "readings". I liked to study the details, try to imagine through where the rider was traveling
ages 1 -2
source pierce College
  people65 | Nov 11, 2013 |

A wordless journey of a Japanese traveler through Europe.

Told through brilliant illustrations, a colorful, wordless book takes young readers on a wonderous tour of northern Europe, seeing its landscape, geography, and architecture along the way. Reprint. PW. AB. H. "

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:50 -0400)

Records in drawings the author's journey through northern Europe and his impressions of the land, the people at work and play, and their art, architecture, folklore, and fairy tales.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,784,079 books! | Top bar: Always visible