Arthur Tricks the Tooth Fairy by Marc Brown

Arthur Tricks the Tooth Fairy

by Marc Brown

This is a great book! Arthur is a great older brother who helps his younger sister during her tough time. She really wants the tooth fairy to come but her tooth is not ready to come out but she finds away to trick the tooth fairy or does she ?
  margaritamunoz14 | Mar 19, 2015 |
This story is about Arthur losing a tooth and getting money from the tooth fairy and D.W. gets upset and wants to lose a tooth too. D.W. tries to do different things to lose a tooth such as pulling it using a door and a string. She complains to her mom and then goes to the dentist, only to be told it wasn't loose. Since she finally figured out she couldn't lose a tooth, she decides to trick the tooth fairy because she really wanted a dollar. Arthur plays the tooth fairy and makes her wish come true without D.W. even noticing.
  esharden | Mar 18, 2010 |
ok ( )
  Smiley91123 | Jan 24, 2009 |
Contemporary Realistic Fiction – In this story, Arthur gets money from the tooth fairy. Arthur’s sister becomes obsessed with getting money from the tooth fairy like her brother. She hatches a plan to get the money by tricking the tooth fairy. Arthur helps his sister get her wish without telling her.

When my oldest daughter lost her first tooth, I told her about the tooth fairy. I asked her how much money she thought her tooth was worth to the tooth fairy and she said eight dollars. I had to laugh because she did not have any concept of money and what it is used for, and because I was lucky to get a quarter when I was a kid. She got a dollar.

For a classroom activity, I would ask my students if they believe in the tooth fairy, and if they have ever gotten money for a tooth. I would also have them draw a picture of the tooth fairy coming into their rooms to get the teeth and leaving money. ( )
  marcus.haner | Oct 26, 2008 |

D.W. is jealous when her big brother Arthur loses a tooth and gets a visit from the Tooth Fairy.  Arthur explains that the Tooth Fairy comes only when you lose a tooth and put it under your pillow at night, so D.W. dreams up some hysterical (but unsuccessful) plans to trick her into coming.  Finally, Arthur decides to reward D.W.'s efforts by playing Tooth Fairy himself!  By matching picture stickers to words in the story, kids reinforce word recognition.  With the extra stickers, they can create stories of their own.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:45 -0400)

Jealous when Arthur loses a tooth and receives a quarter for it, his sister tries to trick the Tooth Fairy into also visiting her.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,952,684 books! | Top bar: Always visible