Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things…

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things that Go (1974)

by Richard Scarry

Recently added byMr.Steve, private library, clarehollander, pgmarcus3, JaynaLG, Craig_Westover, mamasila

English (11)  Dutch (1)  All languages (12)
There's a lot of dang cars and trucks in this. I like how the story literally moves along the road, I like the art, I like all the little side quests that happen. My only complaint is that there's so much happening on the road it's almost impossible to actually reach the end of the main story, but my kid is not even two yet and presumably his attention span is increasing every day. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Oct 18, 2015 |
I love Richard Scarry books. I could read them still. I did a lot of babysitting and these were my go to books to make kids happy. ( )
  ozzieslim | Dec 28, 2014 |
Lots of moving things in this book and a story to boot: The pig family has an adventure. Like all Richard Scarry books, this one is another timeless classic. ( )
  AnneDenney | Jun 12, 2011 |
Liam adores this - Goldbug is the first word he says in the morning, and his last at night. The Pig family travel down the road on their way to a picnic, encountering a hilarious set of vehicles and events along the way. As you'd expect, every page is chock full of imaginative details to notice, and friendly little goldbug is peeking out just waiting to be found. ( )
  francescadefreitas | May 2, 2011 |
Scarry's books are the bomb. Really. The detailed, labelled drawings, the crazy characters, the adventures - these are busy books for busy kids. ( )
  ForrestFamily | Nov 18, 2008 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0307157857, Hardcover)

Although this book was around when many of today's parents were youngsters, it has remained a steadfast must-have in every toddler's library. For starters, it's a great vocabulary guide that names the many things that go (and some that haven't a prayer of going, but are great fun to imagine anyway). It's also teeming with detail-rich scenes and characters on every page, teaching children the rewards of looking long and closely (such as finding the hidden "Goldbug" in each spread). Along the way it entertains with the silly and slapstick--everything from toothpaste and toothbrush cars to six fire department vehicles that show up to extinguish a ladybug-size fire in a miniature pink convertible. What's most amazing about this book, however, is its longevity. When you purchase it for your fledgling talker, you should consider it an investment. Even 11-, 12-, and 13-year-olds are known to pore over the book nostalgically, cooing at Lowly Worm and eagerly tracking Officer Flossie's book-long chase after that irresponsible, speedster driver in a cowboy hat. (Ages 2 and older) --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:29 -0400)

On their way to the beach for a picnic the Pig family encounters almost every kind of transportation vehicle imaginable--and imaginary.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,859,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible