Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by…

Cars and Trucks and Things That Go (original 1974; edition 2003)

by Richard Scarry

Member:Mithril
Title:Cars and Trucks and Things That Go
Authors:Richard Scarry
Info:Golden Books Publishing Company, Inc. (2003), Hardcover, 69 pages
Collections:Your library, Hong Shyan
Rating:***
Tags:Boy, Comics & Cartoons

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things that Go by Richard Scarry (1974)

English (13)  Dutch (1)  All languages (14)
This book is a fantasy book about transportation because it has animals driving cars of all shapes and sorts. This book is great for children to learn and get excited. The book tells a story about all the different cars, trucks, and trains that go. It shows different jobs that some vehicles do. The pages are full of fun pictures that are a little busy, you need to take the time and find the gold bug on each page, which makes this fun and interactive for the children. ( )
  Karlig | Mar 28, 2016 |
The delight in this is the illustrations. The everyday vehicles, interspersed with the aligator car, the hot dog car and other far fetched vehicles. As a story it's thin, a family of pigs that a picnic and this is mostly the view of things they see on the way there and back. However that is to miss its charm. It is fabulous. I can remember this being bought for my baby brother, in fact there is, saved for posterity, a tape of my Dad reading it to my baby brother and sparky smartarse big sister can't resist chiming in.
I bought this for a vehicle mad toddler and I can only hope that he enjoys it every much as much as my brother did. I will admit to a sneaky read before sending it. My husband did wonder if the illustrations had been updated since it was first published, I can only express huge relief that this was not the case. ( )
  Helenliz | Feb 13, 2016 |
There's a lot of dang cars and trucks in this. I like how the story literally moves along the road, I like the art, I like all the little side quests that happen. My only complaint is that there's so much happening on the road it's almost impossible to actually reach the end of the main story, but my kid is not even two yet and presumably his attention span is increasing every day. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Oct 18, 2015 |
I love Richard Scarry books. I could read them still. I did a lot of babysitting and these were my go to books to make kids happy. ( )
  ozzieslim | Dec 28, 2014 |
Lots of moving things in this book and a story to boot: The pig family has an adventure. Like all Richard Scarry books, this one is another timeless classic. ( )
  AnneDenney | Jun 12, 2011 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0307157857, Hardcover)

Although this book was around when many of today's parents were youngsters, it has remained a steadfast must-have in every toddler's library. For starters, it's a great vocabulary guide that names the many things that go (and some that haven't a prayer of going, but are great fun to imagine anyway). It's also teeming with detail-rich scenes and characters on every page, teaching children the rewards of looking long and closely (such as finding the hidden "Goldbug" in each spread). Along the way it entertains with the silly and slapstick--everything from toothpaste and toothbrush cars to six fire department vehicles that show up to extinguish a ladybug-size fire in a miniature pink convertible. What's most amazing about this book, however, is its longevity. When you purchase it for your fledgling talker, you should consider it an investment. Even 11-, 12-, and 13-year-olds are known to pore over the book nostalgically, cooing at Lowly Worm and eagerly tracking Officer Flossie's book-long chase after that irresponsible, speedster driver in a cowboy hat. (Ages 2 and older) --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:29 -0400)

On their way to the beach for a picnic the Pig family encounters almost every kind of transportation vehicle imaginable--and imaginary.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,260,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible