Trials of Death by Darren Shan

These books get better and better! There was so much action and so many surprises that I could not put this book down. I have a growing respect for the young half vampire and cannot wait to see what his future holds! What a great series this is turning out to be!! Gotta go because the next book is calling. ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
This book is a very well-written book lots of twists and turns in the plot and it has a great ending very well done Darren Shan ( )
  ilovebooks1234 | Jan 10, 2014 |
Since I knew he wasn't going to die, the book wasn't very interesting until the very end, and even then -since I've read a lot more adult books with political intrigue- it was too amateurish.

Overall though I can't help but wonder if Cirque has reached the point of blasé overextension. ( )
  swampygirl | Dec 9, 2013 |
A very neatly plotted continuation of Vampire Mountain. Just when I was tiring of the Indiana Jones-esque and rather cruel 'trials of initiation' that Darren must survive to save his life, Shan rescues the story with a surprising twist involving the Vampaneze. I would have liked more interaction from Mr Crepsley, but the tender scene between him and Darren before one of the trials went some way towards making up for his background role in this sequel. ( )
  AdonisGuilfoyle | Apr 3, 2011 |
It was GREAT!!!!
I absolutally loved it. READ IT, AASP. I love Arrow, he's so cool. Please read it, if you haven't already. ( )
  Shaani | Jul 14, 2010 |
For: Nora & Davey - ever-gracious hosts.
OBEs (Order of the Bloody Entrails) to: The enormous, fearsome Emily Ford, and Kellee "take no prisoners" Nunley.
Mechanics of the Macabre: Biddy & Liam, Gillie & Zoe, Emma & Chris.
If people ever tell you vampires aren't real - don't believe them!

The trials: seventeen ways to die unless the luck of the vampire is with you. Darren Shan must pass five fearsome Trials to prove himself to the vampires clan - or face the stakes of the Hall of Death. But Vampire Mountain holds hidden threats. Sinister, potent forces are gathering in the darkness. In this nightmarish world of bloodshed and betrayal, death may be a blessing...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:46 -0400)

Darren begins the Trials of Initiation to prove himself worthy of being a half-vampire, even as the the clan's blood foes, the vampaneze, gather near Vampire Mountain.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,039,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible