Allies of the Night by Darren Shan

Algebra class, two old friends, and a creature with deadly hands test Darren's determination as he travels to Mr. Crepsley's home town to search for the murderous vampaneze.
  lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |
With each book I finish, I find myself desparate for the next one! The author has me so immersed in the plotline that I feel like I'm there. These ate such great books! ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
I read this book in an evening, just couldn't put it down!
Darren, Mr Crepsley, Vancha and Harkat continue the hunt for the vampaneze lord. In this saga installment we meet again several characters from earlier in the saga, (I'd been wondering when one of them would turn up again). The Friends are back once again in Mr Crepsley's home town, innocent humans are being killed and bled dry, could this be a trap? if it is, who is steeing them up for a fall?

Once again the book is full of Nail bitting suspense, emotion, courage, plenty of twists and a real cliffhanger ending, ........... to be continued........ ( )
  Elphaba71 | Feb 6, 2011 |
Allies of the Night is the eighth book in Darren Shan's Cirque du Freak series. For 600 years, the vampires and their bloodthirsty cousins, the vampaneze, have had peace, but now that the Vampaneze Lord has risen, as prophesied, the war has begun. Darren, Vancha, Crepsley, and Harkat are doing everything they can to kill the Vampaneze Lord and prevent the destruction of both worlds. Their journey brings them back to Crepsley's hometown where once again a vampaneze is terrorizing the population.

Cirque du Freak entertains, a bit superficially, but still worth it. ( )
  EclecticEccentric | Jun 22, 2010 |
Another enjoyable book in the series. ( )
  gsmattingly | Feb 6, 2010 |
For: Bas - my Debbie Hemlock
OBE (Order of the Bloody Entrails) to: Davina "bonnie" McKay
Quality Control: Gillie Russell & Zoe Clarke
Party Animals: The Christopher Little clan
It was the age of war.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316106534, Mass Market Paperback)

Vampire prince and "vampaneze" killer Darren Shan faces his worst nightmare yet--school--but homework is the least of Darren's problems. Bodies are piling up. Time is running out, and the past is catching up with the hunters fast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:51 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,896,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible