Cirque Du Freak #8: Allies of the Night:…

Cirque Du Freak #8: Allies of the Night: Book 8 in the Saga of Darren Shan… (edition 2006)

by Darren Shan

Title:Cirque Du Freak #8: Allies of the Night: Book 8 in the Saga of Darren Shan (Cirque Du Freak: The Saga of Darren Shan)
Authors:Darren Shan
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2006), Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages

Allies of the Night by Darren Shan

With the exception of book two, this is the best of the lot, kicking things up with surprising twists, a betrayal, and a little return of Darren to his human side/life. I’ve found when he has to try and adjust and look more into walking that balance, the books are more interesting.

There's some humor, the return of great characters, interesting plot development/connections that make Darren appear more realistic, and a stunner. It looks like the books are certainly not following the movies.

The end was great and again leaves on a cliffhanger I can't wait to continue. Pacing is swift as always, so this one flew by in the reading. It was impossible to put down and tied with my other favorite in the series. Bravo.

There's the introduction of some old characters to spice things up a bit, and further twists/developments between a Prince and his brother on the other side. Crepsley has taken a more enjoyable role as teacher, friend, protector. Darren is likeable with a conscience but finding his role in a violent, twisted vampire war.

There's just enough of small hints to forecast some further surprises in the books to come. Shan does a good job introducing twists without teasers, but just in the right places to guarantee there’s more coming down the road. There are threads in so many directions hanging right now.

There is a little predictability, but that didn’t hurt the book.
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
Algebra class, two old friends, and a creature with deadly hands test Darren's determination as he travels to Mr. Crepsley's home town to search for the murderous vampaneze.
  lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |
With each book I finish, I find myself desparate for the next one! The author has me so immersed in the plotline that I feel like I'm there. These ate such great books! ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
I read this book in an evening, just couldn't put it down!
Darren, Mr Crepsley, Vancha and Harkat continue the hunt for the vampaneze lord. In this saga installment we meet again several characters from earlier in the saga, (I'd been wondering when one of them would turn up again). The Friends are back once again in Mr Crepsley's home town, innocent humans are being killed and bled dry, could this be a trap? if it is, who is steeing them up for a fall?

Once again the book is full of Nail bitting suspense, emotion, courage, plenty of twists and a real cliffhanger ending, ........... to be continued........ ( )
  Elphaba71 | Feb 6, 2011 |
Allies of the Night is the eighth book in Darren Shan's Cirque du Freak series. For 600 years, the vampires and their bloodthirsty cousins, the vampaneze, have had peace, but now that the Vampaneze Lord has risen, as prophesied, the war has begun. Darren, Vancha, Crepsley, and Harkat are doing everything they can to kill the Vampaneze Lord and prevent the destruction of both worlds. Their journey brings them back to Crepsley's hometown where once again a vampaneze is terrorizing the population.

Cirque du Freak entertains, a bit superficially, but still worth it. ( )
  EclecticEccentric | Jun 22, 2010 |
For: Bas - my Debbie Hemlock
OBE (Order of the Bloody Entrails) to: Davina "bonnie" McKay
Quality Control: Gillie Russell & Zoe Clarke
Party Animals: The Christopher Little clan
It was the age of war.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316106534, Mass Market Paperback)

Vampire prince and "vampaneze" killer Darren Shan faces his worst nightmare yet--school--but homework is the least of Darren's problems. Bodies are piling up. Time is running out, and the past is catching up with the hunters fast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:51 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,789,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible