30 Days to Taming Your Tongue: What You Say…

30 Days to Taming Your Tongue: What You Say (and Don't Say) Will… (2005)

by Deborah Smith Pegues

A slender volume, easy to read, that might just change your life. The book has Christian religious references, but the basic information is excellent for every person. The book is structured so that there is one chapter to read each day for 30 days. It's a good book to keep and re-read often. After the first read, maybe choosing a chapter a day is good, as chapters are short. Offers some practical advice for some situations. There's no one this book doesn't pertain to. ( )
  Rascalstar | Jan 21, 2017 |
I read this a while ago as part of a group study on the book of James (in the Bible.) I don't usually endorse the "method approach" to sanctification/dealing with sin nor do I believe that one of the most difficult sins to master can be achieved in 30 days! However, I felt that this book could be very useful if used in the right way. It lists the various sins we commit day in and day out through our speech and suggests ways to mortify them (with prayer.) If nothing else it helps us as Christians to be aware of our speech and the necessity to ensure that we don't use words carelessly. Our group decided to make a conscious effort to monitor our own speech and motivations behind it for just one day initially. When we regrouped we were appalled at our own sinfulness in the space of just one day!

I recommend this book for Christians...not as a "self help" tool when building relationships which is how the description for the book reads, but as a practical tool for conviction of sin and training in righteousness.... ( )
  sparkleandchico | Aug 31, 2016 |

Who hasn't struggled at times with foot-in-mouth disease? Certified behavioral consultant Deborah Pegues knows how easily a slip of the tongue can cause problems in personal and in business relationships. That is why she has put together a 30-day devotional to help readers tame that unruly member and turn it into an asset.

Readers will learn to

stop saying the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong waylearn to use words that build others upavoid the pitfalls and consequences of lies, flattery, and exaggerations

Short stories, anecdotes, soul-searching questions, and scripturally based personal affirmations combine to make each chapter tongue-and-life-changing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:45 -0400)

The author offers short stories, anecdotes, soul-searching questions, and spirtually-based personal affirmations to help with curtailing unproductive and hurtful communcations.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,376,076 books! | Top bar: Always visible