Just Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer

Just Go to Bed (1983)

by Mercer Mayer

This book can help the students to remember that they have to get their rest at night to be able to function at school. Listen to mom and dad and go to bed when told to. ( )
  Kelsly93 | Apr 30, 2015 |
I used this book to work on vocabulary strategies. I think students would like this book because they will enjoy the father and sons interaction. They will also enjoy the little critters imagination. ( )
  Kate_Schulte078 | Apr 28, 2015 |
Somehow I never minded reading these over and over again to my kids. I guess because LC is just a little naughty/ impulsive, but also lovable, w/good intentions. Something like Ramona Quimby, Clementine, and my kids. There are lots of books with this same theme, but if you and your kids already love LC, stick with him. Kids like security and routine, at bedtime and in their reading choices. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
"Just go to bed" by Mercer May is about a Little Critter need to go to bed. He tries everything to not go to bed and start to imagine things. He finally gets exhausted and falls asleep. ( )
  thnguyen | Nov 26, 2014 |
This adorable book is a must read just about every night for my 2 1/2 year old son who never wants to go to bed. Little Critter's imagination runs wild as he comes up with every excuse in the book as to why he can't go to bed. We read this one so often that my son now quotes it. Ironically reading Just Go to Bed actually helps him calm down and "go to bed". ( )
  KMClark | Jul 17, 2014 |
I'm a cowboy and I round up cows.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307119408, Paperback)

One of the classic Little Critter picture book titles by Mercer Mayer, this simple story shows our preschool hero resisting his father's efforts to get him ready for bed. By the end of the book Little Critter's understanding father has finally succeeded in moving his energetic, imaginative son through bathtime and pyjamatime into sleeptime.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:49 -0400)

A small animal uses his imagination to avoid going to bed, but finally has to admit that he is sleepy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,768,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible