Just go to Bed by Mercer Mayer

Just go to Bed (original 1983; edition 1983)

by Mercer Mayer

Member:lhkesner
Title:Just go to Bed
Authors:Mercer Mayer
Info:Western Publishing company, Inc. (1983), Paperback
Collections:Children's Books

Just Go to Bed by Mercer Mayer (1983)

This adorable book is a must read just about every night for my 2 1/2 year old son who never wants to go to bed. Little Critter's imagination runs wild as he comes up with every excuse in the book as to why he can't go to bed. We read this one so often that my son now quotes it. Ironically reading Just Go to Bed actually helps him calm down and "go to bed". ( )
  KMClark | Jul 17, 2014 |
The Little Critter series are great for expression because there are many describing words and illustrations that help with overall understanding. I also love these books because they are extremely relatable to the students.
  KayceBivins | Apr 29, 2014 |
This book captures what its like for kids when it is bed time. No child ever wants to go to bed no matter how tired they are. This book also captures a child's imagination and how the possibilities are endless when you have imagination. It is a cute story, and a great read. ( )
  CMJohnson | Feb 26, 2014 |
This book is an excellent book to read to a child who has trouble going to bed or procrastinates going to sleep. Mercer mayers known critter is doing everything possible to keep from going to sleep. He pretends to be all types of things such as a cowboy, space cadet, and a sea monster to keep his dads attention of off making him going to sleep. After attempting to fight sleep he eventually gives up and goes to sleep! This is a cute story and easy for a child to relate to. I highly recommend this for a young reader, or even a child who can't read yet! ( )
1 vote ChelseaHopton | Oct 10, 2012 |
  BRCSBooks | Aug 2, 2012 |
I'm a cowboy and I round up cows.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0307119408, Paperback)

One of the classic Little Critter picture book titles by Mercer Mayer, this simple story shows our preschool hero resisting his father's efforts to get him ready for bed. By the end of the book Little Critter's understanding father has finally succeeded in moving his energetic, imaginative son through bathtime and pyjamatime into sleeptime.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:28 -0400)

A small animal uses his imagination to avoid going to bed, but finally has to admit that he is sleepy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,610,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible