Killers of the Dawn (Cirque Du Freak, #9)

Killers of the Dawn (Cirque Du Freak, #9)

Member:zumana
Title:Killers of the Dawn (Cirque Du Freak, #9)
Authors:
Info:Publisher Unknown, 206 pages
Tags:to-read, unfinished-series

Killers of the Dawn by Darren Shan

I figured who the real lord was quite some books ago. So no big reveals. ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |

So....ridiculously.....sad. The ending of this book packs a wallop of emotional punch. So....sad. The books won't be quite the same now (again, SO SAD.)

The way it went down, though? Brilliant, epic in scope.

All the three hunters have grown on me more. The assistance of two humans was a fun touch as they added to the storyline.

The twist turned my head around at the end, making me circle around previous assumptions that actually have turned out true. Red herring alert that was massacred. Such a brutal ending to bring this book to a darker level, as some of the others have been, but not all, making it a fantastic young adult book that can be enjoyed by all ages.

Such a bitter feeling with a certain turnout, especially considering how more bitter it is since the author slipped in a sweet chapter in the middle that gave false hope. Almost mean to do but this only emphasized the tragedy much more and was a brilliant, unusual move; I applaud.

Again intense in action, firm with pacing, characters hold up strong and become more likeable (in some cases before they meet tragic fates.) The world only continues to become more complex and layered.

Shan definitely has a talent with writing emotionally wrenching, tragic scenes. Ugh. Second time in a row with this series that I’ve sobbed as a child would.
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
As his battles against the vampaneze continue, Darren Shan is framed as public enemy number one.
  lkmuir | Dec 1, 2015 |
Wow! The hooks are in deep... I was unable to stop reading this nail-biter! How can an author make me care so much about a half-vampire prince and his friends so much? I can't wait to read the last three books (and the Larten Crepsley prequels). ( )
  jimocracy | Apr 18, 2015 |
This series just keeps you on the edge of either comedy or tragedy. ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
For: Bas - my dawn bird
OBEs (Order of the Bloody Entrails) to: Maiko "minder" Enomoto & Megumi "fault-finder" Hashimoto, Gillie Russell & Zoe Clarke - the Sisters Grimm, the Christopher Little Clan - troll-masters
It was the age of deceit.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316016667, Mass Market Paperback)

With their enemies clamoring for blood, the vampires prepare for a deadly battle--and Darren Shan is framed as public enemy number one in this ninth installment of the "New York Times" bestselling series, now in mass-market paperback.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,381,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible