Moving On: Creating Your House of Belonging…

Moving On: Creating Your House of Belonging with Simple Abundance

by Sarah Ban Breathnach

another good book but I'm not into it or needing it's message at this time and so I only read 1/2. Talks about change and good for women about 45-55. ( )
  hammockqueen | Sep 23, 2008 |
This book spoke to me... I felt as if I was being given a tour through a wonderland of wisdom, where the daily trappings of owning more stuff, becoming more important, and earning more money have faded away and what finally remains is the core of living.

Simple Abundance was all about gratitude, being appreciative of what one already has and being aware of daily blessings, etc. Moving On takes readers into another direction, one that most Americans need to be shown to find.

Ban Breathnach quotes a lot from other writers, sometimes extensively, rather than coming across like an anthology, this felt like an intensive course of how to live. ( )
  emigre | Dec 13, 2006 |
The story of my heart begins with a tiny English cottage, paid for with the royalties from a book nobody in America wanted to publish. (First line of chapter one.)

Building on the success of Sarah’s previous books, Moving On expresses a new-age inclusiveness that allows people of all faiths and belief systems to enjoy her positive outlook on life.

Inspired by her own life experiences and requested by avid Ban Breathnach readers eager for another volume, Sarah helps readers to understand themselves and to use those insights to create a home that truly suits their spirits and their lives.

"We do not know how to move on," Sarah observes. "We have learned to let go, but not move on." This keen insight differentiates this book from other self-help books dealing with life changes.

Sarah helps readers cope with what she calls, "the myriad demands of uprooting one’s life," and teaches them to not only move, but to finally create what she calls, "your own house of belonging."

Like the other books in Sarah’s acclaimed Simple Abundance series, Moving On is what Sarah calls "part meditation, how-to-manual, and memoir."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:06 -0400)

The author offers an inclusive, inspirational guide to help readers understand themselves and use their insights to accept change and move on after life-changing events.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,104,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible