Benji at Work by Rita Gelman

Benji at Work

by Rita Gelman

192537,190 (4.5)None

I grew up with the older shows and I remember watching at least two of the Benji movies although the one with the cougar cubs is the actual one that sticks with me the most and I am not that old. Then again since I am from that partial generation where Benji was a star between other notable dogs on the screen and the fact that this books comes from the 1980s many younger children may have non idea who this book is about unless there is a resurgence of Benji films.

Otherwise the book would make a wonderful introductory book to children who are interested in not only dogs but also the life of an actor dog. The writing is short and easy to understand while there are plenty of pictures for young eyes although many are black and white with a few in color.

The book was interesting to me in the fact that Benji appears to be a very smart dog while it is interesting to see what it takes to get an animal actor like him to make Hollywood magic as they. The mere fact that he has done so many movies also attests to not only his charm but the talent and/or training that was put into getting him ready for the shows.

This is one pup who the reader will agree has earned each and every one of his rawhide treats.... ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Aug 25, 2015 |
This book is really good and intresting. Benji is a smart dog and he appeared in many movies. He has a good owner, and their relationship is very strong. His owner always trained him to do many actions. The dog is cute. I love dog so I like this book. This book can conclude the whole life of Benji. I suggest that you can read it. ( )
1 vote nicole-king | Apr 4, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,363,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible