Wounded by Amy Lane

Fans who enjoyed the first book in the Little Goddess series (Vulnerable) should enjoy this second installment. I jumped into this series after reading some of the Author's later works as well as being exposed to Green and Cory in another series (Green's Hill werewolves). The writing in the Little Goddess series isn't as tight or as effective in the heart-wrenching stories that the author tells in her contemporary series.

As one critic wrote, it's part stream-of-consciousness, part unbridled thought and passion, and part celebration of sex. I agree with that criticism, and sometimes the meanderings seem like a hot mess, but overall I just love the exhuberation too much to let the sometimes wacky writing get in the way of my enjoyment. Fans of the Promise Rock series might be surprised by the even more unrestrained writing in this series. However, if you're a fan of the contemporary paranormal, fae, werewolves and a shy-average-semi-goth-teenager turned into a powerful paranormal mini-sex goddess-like Lady, than this series might be for you. ( )
  LocoLibros | Mar 28, 2016 |
This is a truely amazing book. I came across the first in the series by accident while shopping on Amazon and gave it a go despite there being very limited information available on the book. I was rewarded with my equal favourite book of all time (along with Tinker by Wen Spencer).
Having read this second book I would say this comes bloody close to edging out the other two. Like films second books can be disappointing with the characters changing to much or two little or the whole tone of the book changing without reason and missing the beauty of the first. That was not the case here. She took the charcters from the first book, shaping them and changing them with wonderful continuity. The voice of the two books is similar but different which is inevitable given the Cory and even Green mature throughout this book.
The greif and love of this book are very real despite the preternatural setting. The story is fantastic (in many senses of the word) but Amy Lane has kept it real despite or perhaps because of this.
Given its self-published nature there are a few typos and grammatical errors, but hell, what does that matter when the content is such a joy? We should all be vastly thankful that Amy Lane has been brave enough to publish this and make our reading of it possible. The world would a slightly less fantastic place without these books that make you pause for a moment and wonder if there really are sidhe in the hills you drive past. ( )
2 vote hollyd | Jul 29, 2006 |

Green: "If someone gives their life for you, it is because they can not bear to live in a world without you. This is a great gift and a terrible burden, and if you are going to live, you need to be grateful for the gift and prepared to bear the burden."

Cory: "I do fearsome things, when I'm touching people who love me..."

Cory fled the foothills to deal with the pain of losing Adrian, and Green watched her go. Separately, they could easily grieve themselves to death, but when an enemy brings them together, they find out what a great and terrible force love can be.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:51 -0400)

"Cory fled the foothills to deal with the pain of losing Adrian, and Green watched her go. Separately, they could easily grieve themselves to death, but when an enemy brings them together, they find out what a great and terrible force love can be"--Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,714 books! | Top bar: Always visible