The Knight in Rusty Armor by Robert Fisher

The Knight in Rusty Armor

by Robert Fisher

English (9)  Spanish (8)  Catalan (1)  All (18)
Robert Fisher’s book has been compared to the 1970 smash hit, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, which held the Number One spot on the New York Times bestseller list for two consecutive years. That’s one of the reasons I purchased this little book.

I remember reading JLS, like everyone else. However, at age 14, I didn’t get it. To me, it was about a gull that was more interested in flight than food. It didn’t turn my life upside down nor change my path. I might think differently about it if I tried to read it now, as I am on the downhill side of middle age.

In this lighthearted tale, a knight is in search of his true self. But he’s not sure how to go about it.
He is known throughout the kingdom for his armor. It shone so brilliantly that the entire village knew where the knight was at all times. The knight loved to wear his armor. He hated to take it off and, as time progressed, he slowly quit removing it. His wife, Juliet, and their son, Christopher, began to feel shut off and missed the knight.

Before long, the knight was unable to remove his armor. Even the village blacksmith couldn’t help him. There was only person who could help him, Merlin the Magician. He couldn’t wait for Merlin to show up, so the knight saddled his trusty steed and headed to Merlin’s Woods.

Eventually the knight found the magician and poured out his soul. Merlin knew there was only one way to get the armor off, so he set him down the Path of Truth. Along the path, the knight had to overcome three obstacles.

This is a simple tale that is quick and easy to read and ist to the point. It isn’t clouded in obscurities as I remember JLS was, although I could be recalling a point of view of a teenager.

The back cover says The Knight in Rusty Armor falls into the “psychology/self-help” genre. I looked on Amazon and it’s rated as a kid’s book, ages 8-12. Personally I feel it is still too deep for a child of that age, so I give The Knight in Rusty Armor 3 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world. ( )
  juliecracchiolo | Mar 6, 2018 |
Meh. That's my opinion on it. ( )
  lapiccolina | Jun 23, 2017 |
I highly recommend this short fable about one man's quest for for freedom which he finds when he finds his 'true self' - ages 10 to 110. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I've read this book several times over the years. The author entwines truth with a compelling story of a knight stuck in his own armor who must take a journey on the Path of Truth and find himself in order to free himself. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
Enseñanzas éticas y conocimiento de sí mismo.
  EscuelaDrago435 | Oct 28, 2014 |

While searching for a way to remove the armor that has become stuck on him, a knight finally discovers the true qualities of knighthood.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:14 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,753,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible