Haunter by Charlee Jacob
191537,190 (1.67)None

I give very few one-stars, and to be honest, I'm only giving this because I just didn't enjoy reading the book. I understand what the author was trying to do, but the constant barrage of esoteric pseudo-vedic babble made it unenjoyable to follow the plot. Every time the plot would crescendo, it fizzled because the events led not to conclusive events, but rather into a psychotic sort melange of Hindu-Tantra babble.

I don't generally write bad reviews, because I am afraid the author might see them, but I must qualify a one-star. I greatly respect her style and originality. There are precious few new ideas out there in horror, and this one of them. In short, It's me, not you, Haunter - I think I just don't like the Eastern thought Samsara-to-Nirvana rambling. Perhaps it is my dharma. The author does deftly set the desired mood, and I intend to give her another chance! ( )
  Danny2013 | Dec 8, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,740,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible